PDA

View Full Version : I'm still getting backdoor trojan exception

MYBlackdog
10-30-2009, 06:39 PM
I saw where you had 52+ pages of information on this subject but it is locked. I guess because it evolved into a multitude of other problems.

I had a system crash and ended up having to get a new hard drive. I was slow to re-install everything at once. I waited and installed Win-7 and tried to get HM going again today. What a headache I have now.

I am running Norton 360 Prem edition and it keeps booting my HM as a backdoor trojan and shuts off the HM program.

I deleted HM and the zenocode files and installed the latest Net.frame software and installed the latest beta-HM. Went through the whole registration process again.

BOOM I get the backdoor trojan alert again and Norton will not allow HM to run.

MY question is there any simple solution or a clean thread with simple instructions on getting HM to work again. OR have I wasted money buying your software?

fozzy71
10-30-2009, 08:27 PM
I have had no issues with norton customers since the xenocode issue. The only lingering issues seem to be for some Kaspersky customers. I have helped multiple people with AVG, Avira, Norton, McAffee, and MSES. I havent had a session with a kaspersky customer in quite some time.

Try these steps, word for word. If you have any questions please ask.

Close HEM and your anti-virus and delete any \xenocode\appliance cache folders and any other possible false positive files.

1. Enable "Show hidden files and folders" under Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View
2. Go to C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Xenocode\Appl iance Cache and delete every folder you can find in there

If you are on XP, that location is C:\Documents and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\Local\Application Data\xenocode\appliance cache

Empty your recycle bin.

reboot

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Make sure your HEM is actually beta 42 in the titlebar.

If you have tried those steps and still have the errors, please post any screenshots of the virus warning, showing the trojan and the file path if possible. If all else fails you could try using the norton removal tool from symantec.com and install a different antivirus temporarily.

MYBlackdog
11-04-2009, 12:36 PM
fozzy71, Thank you.

I guess my issue kept coming back because I never emptied my 'recycle bin' and it was reading as still being resident on my PC.

Marion