PDA

View Full Version : Poker Stars Import Error / How do I combine these 2 databases

Lego05
09-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Ok so my files wouldn't import today. I saw and did this

Stars changed their hh format. Easiest way around it is to close HM and update to this patch http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.03b.exe, then create a new database and reimport all those files http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=146

If they dont import after that move them to a new folder and reimport

And it worked. They imported into my new database .... but now they're in that new database so I have my old database of 1/1/08 - yesterday and now this new one with today. I want to combine the two databases and can't do it. I can't get these new hands to get into my original database no matter what I try. Now I did move them all to a new folder and tried to import them and it said that worked: Says 107 hands imported but nothing actually shows up....not in any of the menus, no hands show up in the reports menu, the sessions menu, the graph menu, the hands menu, there's just nothing there. So I tried to export all the hands out of my old database to import them into the new database .... but I got this error:

Error reading data: ERROR: XX002: index "handhistories_pkey" contains unexpected zero page at block 0

So how do I combine these 2 databases?

And the old database still won't work. I'm playing new hands after doing all that and it says it's importing them, but then they don't show up. What gives? Is my old database dead now? If so and I can't somehow put the hands that were in it into my new database is there some way for my HUD to keep reading from the old database as well as the new one that I'll be using?

morny
09-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Which database does that error show up in, whichever one it is it looks to be damaged. Unusual to damage 2 databases so quickly. btw creating a new database was not needed as this was specific to that persons problems. You could have just updated and reimported.

Anyway heres details of how to export hands http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=12

Lego05
09-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Which database does that error show up in, whichever one it is it looks to be damaged. Unusual to damage 2 databases so quickly. btw creating a new database was not needed as this was specific to that persons problems. You could have just updated and reimported.

Anyway heres details of how to export hands http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=12

I already had tried updating and then reimporting. It didn't work. My original database won't import any hands now.

I already read that link about exporting hands. And as for the error message... I get it from the original database when I try to export hands. The new database exports hands fine.

So is there a way to fix the original database then (or at the very least to allow the HUD to continue to use hands in it) or is there nothing and I just have to start using the new database only?

morny
09-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Whats the error message it gives when you try and export?

Did you have HM move processed files? If so then the original HH will be still stored in that folder or c:\HMarchive and you could import from there

Lego05
09-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Whats the error message it gives when you try and export?

Did you have HM move processed files? If so then the original HH will be still stored in that folder or c:\HMarchive and you could import from there

The error message I get when I try to export is:

Error reading data: ERROR: XX002: index "handhistories_pkey" contains unexpected zero page at block 0

I've tried importing from the processed folder. I've also tried playing new hands. My old database won't import either of them. The new database works though.

I was just hoping to be able to have all of 2008 in one database. I also would like my HUD to be using the 305K hands from the old databse.

Rvg72
09-14-2008, 09:15 PM
It looks like your db has become partially corrupted

You can fix it by doing this:

1) Open pgadmin from your start menu in windows under postgresql
2) Double click on the server name and enter your postgresql password (default is postgrespass)
3) Click on Databases and select the current database
4) Click on the Icon at the top that has the SQL and pencil
5) Type

alter table handhistories drop constraint handhistories_pkey

and press F5 to run it. Then, when it is done, replace it with the line below and hit F5 again

alter table handhistories add constraint handhistories_pkey PRIMARY KEY (pokerhand_id)

After doing this launch Holdem Manager and try importing some new hands. It should work after this and you should be able to export as well.

Thanks,

Roy