PDA

View Full Version : pokerstars zoom launched

sqlguy
03-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Now that Zoom has been launched, how soon can we expect HM1 to deal with it?

Will the HUD be able to work with zoom at all?

daithi43
03-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Now that Zoom has been launched, how soon can we expect HM1 to deal with it?

Will the HUD be able to work with zoom at all?

+1
Any news on this guys?.

Patvs
03-16-2012, 10:20 PM
We have an internal HM2 update for the Zoom games and it is now in testing against the small stakes games. (HUD testing)

The lastest beta build can already import the handhistories: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm2_2.0.0.6470.exe

kieranf
03-17-2012, 12:47 AM
We have an internal HM2 update for the Zoom games and it is now in testing against the small stakes games. (HUD testing)

The lastest beta build can already import the handhistories: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm2_2.0.0.6470.exe

How about HM1?

katinas
03-17-2012, 02:32 AM
How about HM1?

this plz ^^

mr beer
03-17-2012, 04:19 AM
HEM1 update please. HEM traditionally has had the edge over Pokertracker but they are already up and running for Zoom.

Disequilibrium
03-17-2012, 06:06 AM
+1, please don't ignore this question. If HEM1 support isn't coming, I'm switching to PT instead of buying HEM2 fwiw.

iksmirp
03-17-2012, 08:45 AM
This is lame if you won't support Zoom in HM1. One of the rare software i bought original, but you can't force us to buy HM2. You should give us HM1 holders free upgrade but what do I know about marketing, but i tell you will pirate it before i buy another hem.

Blixx
03-17-2012, 10:15 AM
+1, please don't ignore this question. If HEM1 support isn't coming, I'm switching to PT instead of buying HEM2 fwiw.

+1
I understand HEM2 is going to be a priority, but I'd like to know what your plans are with regards to ZOOM support for HEM1. As it stands I'm installing the PT3 60 day trial which already has ZOOM support.

TheHate
03-17-2012, 10:15 AM
lol this is pathetic. PT3 HUD already works with rush and so does PT4 beta.

sqlguy
03-17-2012, 12:19 PM
I wish you would make some sort of statement.

As it is, I can only conclude that it has not even been decided to support zoom in HM1.

Has all work on HM1 been discontinued? Are we being forced to chose between upgrade to HM2 or moving to PT3?

If you ARE working on zoom support in HM1, why not reassure us with a few words, like "hand history support in X days, HUD planned for date Y" ?

Disequilibrium
03-17-2012, 12:51 PM
From 2+2:

"We are aware of Zoom and are working on a solution for HM2 but I don't have an ETA for how soon it will be ready yet. Once we get it working for HM2 we will start working on it for HM1."

sqlguy
03-17-2012, 01:25 PM
From 2+2:

"We are aware of Zoom and are working on a solution for HM2 but I don't have an ETA for how soon it will be ready yet. Once we get it working for HM2 we will start working on it for HM1."

Thank you

MegaUser
03-17-2012, 02:27 PM
+1
I understand HEM2 is going to be a priority, but I'd like to know what your plans are with regards to ZOOM support for HEM1. As it stands I'm installing the PT3 60 day trial which already has ZOOM support.
+1

Tom888
03-18-2012, 03:51 AM
It's clear that HM2 is unstable and HM1 is just fantastic.

Why alienate a large client base by not keeping HM1 updated. I know you'd like us all to move to HM2 and indeed I've bought HM2 but I can't use it because it's not reliable.

HM1 is a great product and you let it gather dust at your peril.

netsrak
03-18-2012, 06:51 AM
We will add HM1 zoom support after integration in HM2 is completed

CF23
03-18-2012, 07:51 AM
i played a few hundred zoom hands yesterday.
auto import seemed to recognise that hands are being played; but they do not show up in my session stats.

i don't care (so) much about the HUD, but i do want the hands to show up in my DB.
if they are being processed, how come they aren't showing in session hands?

is this working for anyone?

daithi43
03-18-2012, 07:52 AM
We will add HM1 zoom support after integration in HM2 is completed

Can we get an eta on that please?

karstenkloss
03-18-2012, 09:49 AM
It's clear that HM2 is unstable and HM1 is just fantastic.

Why alienate a large client base by not keeping HM1 updated. I know you'd like us all to move to HM2 and indeed I've bought HM2 but I can't use it because it's not reliable.

HM1 is a great product and you let it gather dust at your peril.

I think the guys from HM underestimate the fact, that PT already has a working HUD for Zoom. I was trying now 2nd time HM2 and it's working horrible on my machine (Dual-Core 2.0GHz, 4 Gigs RAM). I will give now PT3 a try!

Patvs
03-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Zoom hands show up in reports if you upgrade to; http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm2_2.0.0.6470.exe
(if you have a crash with 6470, downgrade to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/6450_Hm2AutoUpdate.exe, and wait for a 6476+ update)

HM2 ZOOM HUD... should be released on tuesday. (the surprise is, our ZOOM HUD is not using OCR,.. which means it can accurately grab the list of playernames).

HM1: I have no eta, work on this will start after the HUD works for HM2.

pepsipanda16
03-19-2012, 02:22 PM
I am really trying to understand this. I have had HEM 1 for about 2 years or so now and if I am reading this right which i really hope im not cause it means i will be switching to pt3. But basically what you are saying is if you didnt upgrade to HEM 2 you can wait because we are pooling all our efforts to HEM 2 and you HEM1 (our original and prolly largest community of players and also patrons) can eat SH!T till HEM 2 is done. Please tell me I am incorrect cause if I am not this is BS and you as a company should be putting efforts toward doing both not 1 first and the rest later

fifilein
03-19-2012, 02:57 PM
I was trying now 2nd time HM2 and it's working horrible on my machine (Dual-Core 2.0GHz, 4 Gigs RAM). I will give now PT3 a try!

octacore, ssd, 8gb and hem2 still runs like shit!

oc, zoom not yet supported is a joke, hem1 on purpose delayed is an even worse joke.
cant wait to try pt4

WantAWatch
03-19-2012, 06:07 PM
I am really trying to understand this. I have had HEM 1 for about 2 years or so now and if I am reading this right which i really hope im not cause it means i will be switching to pt3. But basically what you are saying is if you didnt upgrade to HEM 2 you can wait because we are pooling all our efforts to HEM 2 and you HEM1 (our original and prolly largest community of players and also patrons) can eat SH!T till HEM 2 is done. Please tell me I am incorrect cause if I am not this is BS and you as a company should be putting efforts toward doing both not 1 first and the rest later

It only makes sense to me that hm2 users who have paid more than you in total have the right to have zoom support first than the hm1 users.

Rivered Again
03-19-2012, 07:22 PM
I run both pt3 and hem when playing, gets frustrating on zoom when I only have half of what I want. Looks like back to fulltime PT3, they seem to look after their patrons alot better!!!!!

Gonzalez
03-19-2012, 08:20 PM
You are making a HUGE mistake (like the ones donkeys do) by taking so much time to release the update that makes HM1 work with Zoom. The software was already out at TestPokerstars in play money, so you had much time to think about it and give your HM1 customers an update on time.

Right now, as you can see, everyone is switching to Poker Tracker. That's how the market works, the customers choose the product that serves best.

Smart Money
03-19-2012, 11:45 PM

oc, zoom not yet supported is a joke, hem1 on purpose delayed is an even worse joke.
cant wait to try pt4

I also have a fast machine that has zero lag with HM1 and 24 tables and 5 million+ hand DB, but with HM2 (even with a quarter of the hands) it has too much lag to make it usable.

von7thal
03-19-2012, 11:50 PM
i think itīs obv they gonna release the hud for hem2 first. actually, what problems do you have exactly with hem2? just hear everyone complaining all the time, itīs also true for me that not everything is working (actually only the popup which sometimes pops up not at the right plays), but everything else works out pretty nice besides the addon softwares like tablescanner and so on.
the hud configuration of hem2 is a lot easier and faster than in pt4.
just wondering what exactly is wrong with the sw in comparison to hem1?
so back to topic, obv hem2 should be upgraded with the hud first, what message would that be - "hey, yea we first upgrade our old sw because we gave up on our current as well"
i also think that everyone who is using hem2 and waiting for the upgrade is obv not complaining in here (and i think itīs way more than hem1 users)

EDIT:
so you have performance issues i see, hmm - my hem2 has about 5M hands and runs pretty smooth.. 3 year old cpu (donīt know it in my head), 16gb ram, 128gb ocz vertex 3 iops (for db optimized ssd, did you might just get a random crappy ssd?)

Tom888
03-20-2012, 01:17 AM
It only makes sense to me that hm2 users who have paid more than you in total have the right to have zoom support first than the hm1 users.

It only makes sense to me that people who have paid for HM2 should have a version that works...forget Zoom...just make the thing work.

daithi43
03-20-2012, 08:43 AM
If there were no HM1 users there would be no HM2 fullstop. So HM1 users should have more of supports time or at the very least have an equal proportion.

pepsipanda16
03-21-2012, 01:12 AM
What I meant by my post is there should be an EQUAL ammount of effort on both HEM1 and HEM2 not just we do this first then get around to the rest of you.

Patvs
03-21-2012, 01:28 AM
What I meant by my post is there should be an EQUAL ammount of effort on both HEM1 and HEM2 not just we do this first then get around to the rest of you.

Example:
Let's suppose adding ZOOM support (writing a program to read the player names, changing the database structure to detect ZOOM hands as a separate stake, change the import parser to import Zoom hands, testing it, etc.) takes 200 man-hours.
40 hours = 1 day

A. We can add it for HM1 (ignore HM2)
B. Add it to HM2 (ignore HM1)
C. Add it to both simultaneously (2x 200 hours, HM1 and HM2 are completely different in code)

C. is not an option. If the code needs a change, or a complete re-write (which was the case with RUSH on Full Tilt) it's only being delayed more. Our priority is one solid build with ZOOM HUD support,... then add it to HM1.

shimmmmm
03-21-2012, 08:25 AM
I have Zoom hands importing now to HEM1 after updating to 1.12.10 (found update somewhere in these forums). Is it possible to filter for Zoom hands somehow? Currently they are lumped together with hands from normal tables.

And +1 to HEM1 being far superior to HEM2. I have copies of HEM1, HEM2 and PT3 and still use HEM1 so please continue supporting it. HEM2 is just far too buggy at the moment to be used seriously.

Funnie
03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Hi, i think i never posted here before... but this is a joke.

You shouldn't benefit A or B... you should benefit both, at equal time, even if it delays a little more.

Cya.

magicsphere
03-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Example:
A. We can add it for HM1 (ignore HM2)
B. Add it to HM2 (ignore HM1)
C. Add it to both simultaneously (2x 200 hours, HM1 and HM2 are completely different in code)

C. is not an option. If the code needs a change, or a complete re-write (which was the case with RUSH on Full Tilt) it's only being delayed more. Our priority is one solid build with ZOOM HUD support,... then add it to HM1.

D. Hire another programmer.

abruzi
03-21-2012, 05:41 PM
This is shit....

Patvs
03-22-2012, 02:07 AM
I have Zoom hands importing now to HEM1 after updating to 1.12.10 (found update somewhere in these forums). Is it possible to filter for Zoom hands somehow? Currently they are lumped together with hands from normal tables.

And +1 to HEM1 being far superior to HEM2. I have copies of HEM1, HEM2 and PT3 and still use HEM1 so please continue supporting it. HEM2 is just far too buggy at the moment to be used seriously.

It's not possible to filter for Zoom hands yet, the code to treat Zoom as a separate selectable stake (just like CAP) isn't in HM1 yet.

abruzi
03-22-2012, 03:17 AM

cant wait to try pt4
This is only true HEM2 is pretty sh!t and Your support and update for HEM1 is so SAD.(why is this?)
I am HEM1 and HEM2 user and this is so sad for me and other members(HEM1 is a rocket for a HEM2).
What i need i58476746 processor and 32 gb RAMs or what-this is buggy and so slow.
I pray that you are upgrading/updating HEM1 same as HEM2/simultaneously and TY.
-PT3 an PT4 have HUD for zoom few days and are always much faster than you in updating.
Nothing personal,Good day and please fast updatig HEM1 for ZOOM poker TY.:cool:

brizms
03-22-2012, 08:46 AM

Do you have the link to 1.2.10? I can't find it.

Does the HUD work as well or is it just the importing of hands that works?

shimmmmm
03-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Do you have the link to 1.2.10? I can't find it.

Does the HUD work as well or is it just the importing of hands that works?

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/200581-internal-version-fix-poker-stars-sterling-tables-3.html#post1013071

No HUD yet.

brizms
03-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks

Dublimax
03-22-2012, 11:07 AM
No Zoom update on HEM 2 yet, HEM 2 not reliable anyways, no zoom update on HEM1 planned.

PT4 ftw!!

It is such a shame that you will lose all your player pool over PT4 bc you haven't been reactive enough. It that too complicated to hire some extra staff to get that done?

Stf73
03-22-2012, 11:19 AM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/200581-internal-version-fix-poker-stars-sterling-tables-3.html#post1013071

No HUD yet.

I installed this update. The Zoom hands got imported but they still donīt show in my Sessions screen or in the reports. I donīt have any filters on, so Iīm seeing all the hands in my database. Any idea whats wrong?

Patvs
03-22-2012, 09:26 PM
no zoom update on HEM1 planned.

HM1 Zoom HUD will be added after the HM2 Zoom HUD update.

Patvs
03-22-2012, 09:27 PM
I installed this update. The Zoom hands got imported but they still donīt show in my Sessions screen or in the reports. I donīt have any filters on, so Iīm seeing all the hands in my database. Any idea whats wrong?

Wait for the next HM1 update that has ZOOM selectable as a separate stake.

369poker
03-23-2012, 03:20 AM
This must be a Joke.

We all bought a lifetime HEM1 license for a lot of money including all future updates etc. and we have the right to get the updates as fast as possible.

Not only are you not give out free HEM2 licenses to all HEM1 owners even tough its just an "update" wich should be included in our HEM1 purchase,since we bought a lifetime license including all future updates,noo you really have the nervs to release HEM2 updates first as well wich is a complete joke and a punch in the face for all HEM1 users.

I tried HEM2 and itīs ugly,laggy and all over an unfinished product,nobody likes it.

If there isnt an HEM1 update within the next 24 hours i will buy Pokertracker 4 and you can srsly fck off.

And i guarantee you i wont be the only one.

Patvs
03-23-2012, 03:54 AM
There won't be a HM1 Zoom HUD update within the next 150 hours.

Lifetime license issue: you're free to use HM1 for as long as you want.
The business model is similar to any other software (Photoshop / Windows / PokerTracker):
at some point a new version will be released---> the old version will be continued to be supported for a significant time--> the new version contains NEW FEATURES.

369poker
03-23-2012, 05:43 AM
How do you justify that there wont be an HM1 update within the next days?

Why is the update for HM2 released earlier when there are clearly more people using HM1?

Pokertracker was able to come up with an update instantly while you guys canīt even name an exact date.

btw. i loled at NEW FEATURES,we all know most of them are either garbadge or doesnīt work.

Dublimax
03-23-2012, 06:14 AM
It is not difficult to understand that they want to update HEM2 before HEM1. And they are right to do so. What's amazing is the time it takes them to do it.

sqlguy
03-23-2012, 06:27 AM

The business model is similar to any other software (Photoshop / Windows / PokerTracker):
at some point a new version will be released---> the old version will be continued to be supported for a significant time--> the new version contains NEW FEATURES.

Many of us can appreciate that.

The problem is simply that many regard HM2 to be inferior to HM1 in many respects, or at least not production ready.
While this is the case, it is not a good feeling to see support/updates on HM1 take second place to the HM2 work.

I mean, how long did it take for HM1 to adjust the Rake column to pokerstars WC change? has this even been done yet on the latest official HM1 release?

HM1 users feel pressurized into switching from a product they love to a new product the feel is not ready for production.
When HM2 has reached the quality and stability of HM1 (on functionality present in HM1) then is the time to talk about deprecating HM1, not before.

HM1 is a great product, and HM2 probably will be too when it is ready. At that point I will have no problem buying HM2. It is just a shame if you alienate a lot of hitherto loyal users because of something that is basically a PR fiasco.

Llanlad
03-23-2012, 07:21 AM
A decent response that sqlguy ..

A much more productive response than just a standard rant we are seeing ..

Im also a HEM1 user, i also have PT3 but i just prefer HEM1 and have done for a long time.

Personally ... im not interested in HEM2 due to all the negative feedback and like many im quite happy with HEM1.

I also find it a touch irritating than HEM2 has Zoom's attention before HEM1 and im having to use PT3 which i just dont like as much.

I think you cover what most HEM1 users are thinking tbh .. :)

MartL
03-23-2012, 09:28 AM
The problem is simply that many regard HM2 to be inferior to HM1 in many respects, or at least not production ready.
While this is the case, it is not a good feeling to see support/updates on HM1 take second place to the HM2 work.

Im still failing to see why HM1 is taking second fiddle to HM2 when it comes to rolling out a HUD and been able to correctly import the Zoom hands in to a DB. These really cant be classed as new features can they as we already had Rush for FTP and yes although the programming will be different it clearly shouldnt be classed as a new feature. A working HUD is not a new feature neither is been able to import hands and because of that they should really be worked on at the same time.

Alienating your biggest group of customers( I assume you have more Hem1 customers than Hem2) is just bad business sense and will already be costing you money.

fifilein
03-23-2012, 09:53 AM

exactly this is the case!

i even bought hem2, tried to switch 2 times, invested a lot of time creating all popups and reverted back latest after one week because hem2 just sucks.

but i understand that you put more emphasis on hem2, how would you otherwise get hem1 users to migrate!

mr beer
03-23-2012, 04:44 PM
It is not difficult to understand that they want to update HEM2 before HEM1. And they are right to do so. What's amazing is the time it takes them to do it.

Yes. It's not like Zoom was news to anyone.

ChrisA3
03-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Honestly, this is what seals it for me. Not only did it take ~6 months to adjust the program for the new hyperturbo satellite SNGs payout, which realistically shouldn't take more than a week or two, we still do not have EV-Lines for the $100 Hyperturbo Cash SNGs AND now we have to wait another week AT LEAST to get any way of handling ZOOM?

Or we have to pay more money and buy what I consider an inferior product for my needs just so I can get stats in Zoom. I'm buying Pokertracker just now, because even if I wait a week or two now, who knows how long I'll have to wait next time something new comes out. Too bad, I really liked HM but you're screwing yourself over with all this.

juicyfruit
03-23-2012, 09:52 PM
It s unbelievable how you treat your HM1 customers!
What are you doing with all the money you get by selling licenses?!Is there no money left to get a few more people, so you can release HM1 and HM2 updates at the same time?

Patvs
03-24-2012, 02:59 AM
Read Morny's post at: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/206591-zoom-hm1.html

MartL
03-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Ive used my trial of HEM2 and didnt even finish it before going back to HEM1 as i was that uninspired by the product. It was obvious that it still needed a lot of work doing to it and reading round the forums it seems theres still a lot of issues, once they are ironed out i will probably upgrade but this whole issue has had me tempted to move back to PT and in all honesty if i was playing as often as i used to i would probably made the move.

Spieli
03-24-2012, 01:07 PM

You guys promoted it with "Free upgrades to future versions" (http://web.archive.org/web/20090226092823/http://www.holdemmanager.net/whyBuy.html), not with "free upgrades to future versions as long as it has no NEW FEATURES", and it wasn't called HEM1 back in the days. And you probably know that upgrades are always connected with major changes, or you would have used the term 'updates'. (and i doubt that Windows or Adobe advertise with free upgrades).

That being said, would you guys please be so kind to not handle us HEM"1" users as second class citizens and deliver them bugfixes without promoting your HEM2 or posting HEM2 updates in this HEM1-thread, and also as soon as possible? Thanks.

1mperial
03-24-2012, 02:32 PM
If there is an update for zoom, can you add a new vpp in 12.10?

black gerbil1
04-08-2012, 08:46 AM
hi I installed the new update 6april for HEM1. Is there an appox time when the HUD will be working for ZOOM?

or is it working already thanks.

Patvs
04-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.10_08Apr2012.exe

HUD is already working for most HM1 users.
Main issues are: Windows XP issues
Seating preferences issues (where the positions of the HUD are wrong)

renton555
04-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Table Manager 1.12.10 (I installed the apr8 patch) treats all 2/5 zoom tables like one table, shows the stats on the first table that was opened, and the hud stats change every time a new hand is dealt on ANY of the 4 tables. I tried just one tabling, but Table Manager ignores the new table even after the other tables are closed. I tried closing stars, reopening, and one tabling 2/5 zoom, the hud stats are wrong in a way which I cannot detect the pattern.

1/2 zoom works fine. Hope this helps.

lil_Gaz
04-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.10_08Apr2012.exe

HUD is already working for most HM1 users.
Main issues are: Windows XP issues
Seating preferences issues (where the positions of the HUD are wrong)

i have windows 7, downloaded the april 8th version and my hud still isnt working, hands are importing fine but i have no HUD what is wrong ?

Patvs
04-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Update to: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.10_010Apr2012a.exe
(seating preferences issue is fixed in this build)

hudaman
04-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Hi, I'm having trouble importing hands when using ZOOM. I've updated to the latest HEM1; when I hit auto-import, it'll say it's imported the file but not the hand??

Anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

Patvs
04-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Update to: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.10_010Apr2012a.exe

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States)

In what language is your Windows?

hudaman
04-11-2012, 02:00 AM

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States)

Date format changed. Language is English as far as I know.

Just updated to the link you provided and now HEM won't open, it's stuck on the initializing database stage...

Patvs
04-11-2012, 02:18 AM
the HM1 update will perform a big database update when you run it.
So ignore any "not responding" error but wait for the program to unfreeze and the database update to finish.
Make sure you have enough free diskspace.
If you have a 40 GB database--> the database update would like 10 GB of free space (to use temporarily)
Run dbcontrolpanel.exe and create a new database, if you get an error upon startup.

hudaman
04-11-2012, 02:45 AM
Cheers. Problem fixed!

Edit: quick question: any idea why when I'm 2-tabling zoom the HUD is only on one of the two tables, and is one hand out of sync?

Bavarese
04-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Cheers. Problem fixed!

Edit: quick question: any idea why when I'm 2-tabling zoom the HUD is only on one of the two tables, and is one hand out of sync?

+1

Zenzor
04-11-2012, 05:27 PM

I upgraded to this version today and tried importing hands from yesterday. Some imported successfully but a lot are missing. I tried manually importing the missing hand history files to no avail. I'm using windows XP with the correct date formatting. Any ideas?

thegr8str8
04-11-2012, 09:09 PM

ever since I downloaded this patch, i have been unable to open HEM1. Help.

Patvs
04-12-2012, 01:15 AM
ever since I downloaded this patch, i have been unable to open HEM1. Help.

the HM1 update will perform a big database update when you run it.
So ignore any "not responding" error but wait for the program to unfreeze and the database update to finish.
Make sure you have enough free diskspace.
If you have a 40 GB database--> the database update would like 10 GB of free space (to use temporarily)
Run dbcontrolpanel.exe and create a new database, if you get an error upon startup.

R0b5ter
04-12-2012, 04:25 AM
+1

I have the same problem