PDA

View Full Version : Large Database

shaymalus
10-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Hello,

Does the size of the database effect the performance of the hud while playing 20+ tables?
Does it affect how quickly data is viewed in HEM?

I have a very large database , with about 3 million hands played by myself over the last 2 years, and with an enormous amount of hand histories acquired by datamining.

I would like to purge my database of hands histories that I am not involved in (the datamined hands) , so that I am left with only a record of my own hands. Any hand histories where I am not at the table I would like to delete. Is it possible to do this in order to speed up the performance?

netsrak
10-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Every question: yes

Please see the performance tips from the link in my signature and use our FAQ.

Please come back if you have further questions.

shaymalus
10-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Ok I followed the steps in your FAQ. I vacuumed and then purged hands among other things.

In relation to the last question on my OP, how do I delete hands in which I was not dealt into ?

Is purging sufficient to reduce the size of the database or should I delete some HH which I would no longer use.

For example datamined hands relevant to players at stakes I no longer play at.

netsrak
10-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Options -> Purge hands, you can configure what you want to delete (all except your alias affects all mined hands).

or you use Options -> Observed handhistory configuration -> purge.

after purging you need to do a vacuum/full via pgadmin to free the space.

You find all the answers in the performance thread from my signature.

Boots23
11-01-2009, 07:44 PM
I have tried everything but the dump/restore and I can not get my data base down. I purge all the files execpt the last 3 mo and my own hand files and my data base is still 39gig in size. I'm not comfortable nor do I have the space to back up the database and dump restore it.

Any idea would be great.

fozzy71
11-01-2009, 07:51 PM
39gb is about right for 3mm+ hands. SQL DBs are just big.

Boots23
11-01-2009, 07:59 PM
wow 39g for 3 months..... time for a new computer.

TY