PDA

View Full Version : HM conflicts with Kaspersky 2010???

maodou
10-28-2009, 05:10 AM
Hi,

Today I just installed the latest version of Kaspersky 2010 as my old license has expired. When I tried to import hands from HM, the PostgreSQL went down right away. I tried with the lastest HM and still not working, I tried with PostgreSQL 8.4 and still not working.

Help please~!

maodou
10-28-2009, 05:37 AM
Here is the log file from PostgreSQL:

2009-10-28 02:30:44 PDTWARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
2009-10-28 02:30:44 PDTDETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

Basically, the PostgreSQL service will not be stopped if I just have HM started. However, once I do "Import from Folder" or even go to Report tab, the SQL service will be terminated and the above message will show up.

I am not 100% sure if this has anything to do with Kaspersky 2010; I also had my Windows Vista updated today.

I also tried to have my Windows firewall turned off, didn't help.

fozzy71
10-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Yes, Kaspersky is still having issues for some people. We had a false-positive bug with our xenocode obfuscation software, and have fixed it for 99% of the virus scanners now.

Close HEM and your anti-virus and delete any \xenocode\appliance cache folders and any other possible false positive files.

1. Enable "Show hidden files and folders" under Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View
2. Go to C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Xenocode\Appl iance Cache and delete every folder you can find in there

If you are on XP, that location is C:\Documents and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\Local\Application Data\xenocode\appliance cache

Empty your recycle bin.

reboot

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

* Go into the KAV settings window.
* Navigate to the Service node.
* Here, turn on the Compatibility mode for programs using self-protection option.

If that does not work then find the "Heuristic Scanning" option in Kaspersky and disable that.