PDA

View Full Version : Can't start up HEM--antivirus finds Trojan Horse!?

djx90
10-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Hello.

I just downloaded and installed HEM, but when I launched the program and clicked "Try" as I wanted to try the 15 days version out, my antivirus program popped up and said it had found a Trojan Horse. At the same time I got an error message telling me that HEM was unable to start, thus freezing at the "Initializing" screen.

I figured this might have been an occosional error or coincidence, and downloaded the program again, uninstalled the old and installed from the new source -- but it repeated. Thus I can't come further than the "Initializing" screen. Also, I am of course concerned if there might something connected to a virus that is attacking this site -- or is it just my antivirus program (MacAfee) that is going nuts?

Thank you in advance
//djx90

fozzy71
10-27-2009, 07:45 PM
It is a false positive from our previous obfuscation software.

Close HEM and your anti-virus and delete any \xenocode\appliance cache folders and any other possible false positive files.

1. Enable "Show hidden files and folders" under Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View
2. Go to C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Xenocode\Appl iance Cache and delete every folder you can find in there

If you are on XP, that location is C:\Documents and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\Local\Application Data\xenocode\appliance cache

Empty your recycle bin.

reboot

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

djx90
10-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! Seems to work now :-)