PDA

View Full Version : Cannot install HEM (Windows 7)

Rooksx
10-27-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm trying to install HEM under Windows 7, but am having a problem. The UAC and Antivir virus protection are off.

I download the holdemmanager.zip file from the homepage. But I can't extract the .msi file, I keep getting an error. In WinRAR, the error is:
! C:\Users\Farouk Samad\Documents\holdemmanager.zip: CRC failed in HoldemManagerSetupProject.msi. The file is corrupt
In Windows explorer the error is unspecified.

I've tried downloading the file with both IE and Firefox, but keep having the problem.

fozzy71
10-27-2009, 07:43 PM
It sounds lile you just double clicked the zip file and tried to double click the MSI?

If you only double clicked the postgresql.zip download, you only opened it up in a preview window of sorts.

- Right-Click > Extract All to your postgresql.zip file.
- That should create a new folder with the contents, which should allow the setup to run properly.
- If you have any issues with the windows not having an Extract menu under Right-Click, try www.7zip.org.

I suggest you just install the new version of postgresql instead, which our FAQs dont yet represent.

* Install PostgreSQL 8.4, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall - http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#windows

Rooksx
10-27-2009, 07:57 PM
I've installed postgresql fine. But whenever I try to extract the holdemanager.zip archive, I get an error message saying the HoldemManagerSetupProject.msi file is corrupt.

fozzy71
10-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Try downloading them from my server.

Rooksx
10-28-2009, 04:28 PM
It works! Thanks very much.