PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from someone setting up HM?

ffrllc
09-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey guys,

I'm still trying to get everything all set with HM and had a few questions:

1.) In the "active players detail window" < "Player Analysis" tab it lists some possible ways to exploit players based on how far they are from the averages.

a) Is there a way to find the averages for all the stats without having to search through all the active players and hope to find someone that has that stat listed?

b) Are these averages based on all the players in my DB or are these some default averages that everyone uses?

c) Is there any way to find "MY" analysis if I'm not playing at a table?

2.) Is there a way to color code the table averages such as VPiP and Average Pot size for the table?

3.) Is there any way to have more then 5 color coded ranges for some stats?

4.) When I try and move some of the player stats around on my tables they lock into place and don't allow me to place them EXACTLY where I would like. This isn't a big problem for most, but for some I can line them up the way I need in the limited space I have at some of my tables (FT). Is there a way to be able to place them exactly where I want (without them adjusting slightly once I release Ctrl and my right mouse button)?

5.) I'm having trouble understanding what some of the stats mean. Is there a detailed list somewhere that describes what all the stats really mean?

6.) I can't figure out the simple task of the HM Hand History at the table. I play on FT and would like to use to HM Last Hand History instead of FT's most of the time, but not sure how.

Whew, ok that was a few more questions then I thought.

THANKS in advance for any answers you might be able to help with.

morny
09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
1a) You can use the player TAB to run searches like this

1b) This were based on a huge sample from Roys database which he built up over the months

1c) Right click on your name in the reports table and choose popup player detail window

2) Not currently

3) There should be about 25 colours to choose from have you the latest version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.03.exe

4) No sorry there set to click to a grid otherwise it would be very awkward, maybe consider reducing font size or something else to save space as the space that this would save would be extremely minimal

5) http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewtopic.aspx?topicid=15

6) This isnt exactly the answer to the question but youll see how to activate the HH in it

ffrllc
09-09-2008, 08:59 PM
5) http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewtopic.aspx?topicid=15

PERFECT, thank you very much for this link.

3) There should be about 25 colours to choose from have you the latest version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.03.exe

I do have the 25 options to choose from, but HM gives me an error message when I try and assign more then 5 ranges to player stats?

For example, HM won't allow me to set VPiP Ranges as follows:
Yellow < inf.
Green < 90
Orange < 80
Blue < 70
Brown < 60
Purple < 50 (HM gives me an error when I try and add that 6th color range.)

(not that I would suggest these ranges:), but you get the idea)

Thanks

morny
09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Sorry,this isnt an error its limited to 5 stats, i know everyone to their own but would you really find using 6 colour codes useful? Im just asking because theres no point in Mike having to go fixing this if nobody uses it or it might even be limited for performance issues so just wondering in what situation you find this useful

ffrllc
09-10-2008, 05:02 AM
I can only speak for myself, but I was trying to set cbet ranges for example such as:

85+ - Yellow
80-85 - Green
75-80 - Orange
65-75 - Red
55-60 - Orange
50-55 - Green
0-45 - Yellow

Red > Orange > Green > Yellow

Not really that big of a deal, but I just wanted to check and see if there was a way I could have more then 5 color ranges.

fabio
09-10-2008, 08:21 AM
You can have as many as you want :)

ffrllc
09-10-2008, 03:02 PM
You can have as many as you want :)

GREAT, how can I add more then 5 as HM gives me a message letting me know I can't as soon as I try and add that 6th one?

morny
09-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Ill ask Mike if its a big job or not to increase it but it also might be set at that for performance issues so i dont know if its feasible and i know everyone has different opinions but having 2 different ranges with different colours would be very confusing and also your ranges are very tight as theres so little in the difference between 50 and 60 % cbet and yet youve 2 color ranges for this. But like i said everyone has a different way of looking at things and whatever works is good.

Personally i use a kind of traffic light system:

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green

Lets say im thinking of double barrelling, If i see a red stat i think danger and he dosent fold to DB often, if its orange i still think the same but hes not a complete station, if its yellow hes borderline and if hes green he folds alot and its a good spot for a DB on an overcard turn so i can quickly assosiate hes wekanesses and strengths from the color of the stat so thats why i was saying having 2 colours would be confusing