PDA

View Full Version : Actual rake paid by the specific player

atatta
10-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Attempt at rake paid by winning and splitting pots, has a couple of (related) problems that aren't really possible to resolve with the database as it is now: side pots and uncalled bets. Neither has special handling. So for example a little rake is credited for a player who loses a pot but bet more than his opponent's stack and had the remainder returned, and when two deeper stacks play a side pot with a shorter stack in the main pot with the rake being capped, rake is assumed to have been paid proportional to total winnings rather than based on the rake on each pot.

Please add some more columns, the expression for gross winnings on a hand is pretty disgusting, I could do this better in PT2. Relations for main and side pots and players eligible for them (and the share they got if they won/split) would be very welcome. Uncalled bets can also be handled with this.

<Stat ColumnName="RakePaid" ValueExpressions="SUM(pkh.rakeamount * (ph.netamountwon + phmisc.postamountpreflop + phmisc.betamountpreflop + phmisc.callamountpreflop + COALESCE(flop.betamount + flop.callamount, 0) + COALESCE(turn.betamount + turn.callamount, 0) + COALESCE(river.betamount + river.callamount, 0)) * 1. / pkh.potsize) * 0.01 AS RakePaid" Evaluate="RakePaid" ColumnHeader="Rake PAID!!" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Rake PAID, not to be confused with Rake Paid" />

Winnings before rake, expected winnings before rake, winrate before rake etc. are simple with this, but it took me far too long to discover that I needed to sum bets and calls from all streets to do this and I'm tired.

prahadigm
11-02-2009, 08:20 PM
I strongly agree on this one, would be nice to be able to calculate the exact amount of paid rake. Please put it on your list for the future!

:)

jimbob615
11-02-2009, 10:49 PM
im curious, why do u guys care about this particular stat?

atatta
11-03-2009, 02:58 AM
a) Lets you see a player's actual edge, if you compare winrates after rake you can come to odd conclusions. Actual donators have negative rake adjusted winrates. This can also be used as a basis for calculating how you'd perform in the same game conditions with a different rake structure. Other applications left to your imagination, I can think of a few.
b) Righteous indignation.

(IMO)

prahadigm
11-04-2009, 07:46 AM
im curious, why do u guys care about this particular stat?

Because it is the only way to calculate your REAL rakeback percentage. How much of the rake you actually pay do you actually get back? Contributed rake and dealt / gross rake calculations are not very helpfully there.

Callmore
11-05-2009, 09:29 AM
To any high-volume, multi-tabling rake-back grinder, like me, this is a no-brainer. Rake related issues should be very high on the development agenda imo.

These are the players who heavily rely on HEM, not only for the HUD stats and analysis tools, but also to track winnings and win/rate, and related tendencies.

Rake-back forms a good percentage of my profit, and as player who pays some bills from poker, I need to make decisions on how much time to spend on poker etc.

Having multi-currency support, and accurate rake calculations is obviously central to all this.

That said, I think there is little point in sorting out rake before multi-currency has not been dealt with. I suspect that is why rake calculations has taken a back seat for now.

prahadigm
11-06-2009, 12:44 AM
I do not get your point, $ is not my home currency either and I would still prefer actual rake paid / contributed rake paid stats to multi-currency support. Currency conversions can always be done on your own part, especially with custom stats (note that we are in the custom stat forum).

Callmore
11-06-2009, 06:18 AM
The point is rather simple. I do a bit of table selection, as I'm sure most grinders do. We click on top of the PPF colmn, and look to sit on the most loose passive tables we can find. (Those who don't have/use scanner)

Now the currencies used are all mixed up. I would typically have have six euro tables open, and 4 in USD. Now HM only sees one currency. So rake calculations are now all skewed. So is the actual amount of money won. The only figure you can trust is bb/100. Rake-back figures would of course now also be wrong, no matter how well HM is set up in terms of rake method.

So, if you only ever sit on tables all conforming to the same currency, you have no problem.

But I would hate to pass up the opportunity to sit on a table filled with 45/1/1 droolers, just because it is not set up in the currency I like to use.

Multi-currency support has to be first.

Make no mistake, as a player ho plays 100k+ hands of poker per month, I would also love to have accurate rake and rake-back stats.