PDA

View Full Version : HM and Ongame Lobby Freeze When I Use Live Tracking

ExecDec
03-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Hi,

last night I used the latest patch for the first time and was very pleased to see Ongame Live Tracking as a new feature. However, once I have opened a table on Ongame (specifically, Coral Poker) it only takes a very short time (usually less than a minute) before both HM2 and the Coral client freeze. I have never had this problem before (and yes, I run both programs as admin). Naturally, I assumed it might be the new feature and, indeed, once the Live Tracking is switched off there are no freezes anymore. Any idea what could be done about it?

Cheers,
Chris

sideshow
03-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi,

sorry to hear you are having problems with HM, does this happen only when you open Ongame or does HM freeze when you are doing anything else?

Next time the issue occurs, please attach and send us the log file.

Where is my log file?

Vista & Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

Showing hidden files: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager

Showing hidden files: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

Thanks

ibyoar
03-09-2012, 03:57 PM
i am a bit surprised, send a mail 3 days ago with the same problem

also hm2 is crashing (freezing) the poker client after enabling ongame livetracking, hm2 not respond until i close the poker client in the task manager

and your response was:

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

Issue confirmed, forwarded to testers to be fully documented and then to be sent to developers to fix.

are you joking?

Patvs
03-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Which HM2 build are you using?

When there is a crash, please sent your full log.txt file, located in the following folder to hm2support@holdemmanager.com:

Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

XP: c:\documents and settings\{username}\appdata\HoldemManager

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

ibyoar
03-09-2012, 10:25 PM
v 2.0.0.6384
firewall:comodo
antivirus:comodo
HoldemManager.exe and HudFuncsApp.exe have rules to be excluded from the antivirus and firewall, also ..\roaming\HoldeManager\Chat as well as the executables needed by the poker client
like the other client said and i wrote in my mail it is not a crash of hm2, it just freezes the poker client

Patvs
03-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Update to: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/6413_Hm2AutoUpdate.exe

Uninstall Comodo.

ibyoar
03-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Update to: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/6413_Hm2AutoUpdate.exe

Uninstall Comodo.

thanks for your help,
i would like to know if unistalling my antivirus would solve the problem or is just a test.in the case of unistalling comodo, would you mind to indicate me an antivirus+firewall which doesnt cause problem?
thanks again

ibyoar
03-11-2012, 11:24 AM
thanks for your "help",
i have unistalled comodo and the problem remains, and i doubt you have even look at the problem before advise uninstalling the antivirus.
i work as system administrator, and years ago i also worked in software support, and let me give you an advice:the easiest way for you is almost never the right way. saying people to uninstall antivirus or firewall or .net framework or unistalling everything (please, do a search in this forum looking for antivirus and look to your last 10 "solutions") is the easiest way.
people who BUY your applications are not beta testers, they are not test fields.
if you had looked just a few seconds, you would have seen that the combo is still disabled in this version, so is impossible to start livetracking in ongame...besides that, hm2 is still freezing the poker client without the antivirus
more solutions?maybe the next step would be running hm2 as an standalone application??even without poker client??i am sure that wont cause any problem

Patvs
03-11-2012, 01:41 PM
The issue is with Comodo.
You can install any other antivirus program... and any other firewall.

But Comodo is too aggressive, blocking the PostgreSQL server. (even when it's disabled)

ibyoar
03-11-2012, 02:22 PM
have unistalled comodo and the problem remains
maybe i havent explained well, sorry about my poor english...i will try to explain it again:i have uninstalled comodo and the problem remains

But Comodo is too aggressive, blocking the PostgreSQL server. (even when it's disabled)
btw,could you explain me why comodo blocks postgresql server just when i use live tracking for ongame and no any other times?or maybe is it always blocked and i havent noticed it yet?

Patvs
03-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Alternative to Comodo: Windows Firewall / Microsoft Security Essentials / AVG FREE, etc.

Also add the main Ongame.exe to the Windows Firewall exceptions.
Do you have crashing issues when NOT using Live Tracking on Ongame?

When there is a crash, please sent your full log.txt file, located in the following folder to hm2support@holdemmanager.com:

--

Comodo by monitoring everything and ignoring exceptions (and ignoring blocking programs even when you turn it off) always causes issues. This is not related to your live tracking on Ongame issue, but just a general suggestion to uninstall it to prevent problems.

ibyoar
03-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Comodo by monitoring everything and ignoring exceptions (and ignoring blocking programs even when you turn it off) always causes issues
ok, so comodo makes an application where you can add exceptions but it is useless,i guess it will be to users being entertained when clicking buttons...

Do you have crashing issues when NOT using Live Tracking on Ongame?
no

This is being ridiculous, other support workers say (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/199561-live-tracking-pp-ongame-not-working.html) that this is a known issue and is being fixed and you are giving me "solutions" that you know dont work?
btw, why do you have 2 different bug number for the same bug??it is just a programmed response and you arent fixing anything or there is a little disorganization between support and developers?

Patvs
03-11-2012, 03:34 PM
HM-4332: is street by street HUD bug not working.
HM-4331: is live tracking not working

But they're not causing crashes for other users, which is why I suggested updating Windows/uninstalling Comodo, etc. first.