PDA

View Full Version : Sudden extreme lag in beta 41

Maxaon
10-25-2009, 07:35 PM
The problem first starting occurring after I opened after I tried getting "Big hands" on a player in the Sessions->Vs Players->Player Details->Big Hands Menu. It threw some kind of unhanlded format exception and crashed. After that whenever I go to any tab it takes like 5 mins to load and causes my entire system to freeze up. I have a core 4 CPU so I don't know what the hell it's doing. I vacuumed and re indexed the DB , restarted the DB server and still no go. Any ideas?

EDIT: The problem seems to have gone away after I shut down some stray rundll32 process. I am still getting this exception when trying to get big hands on some players .

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at HoldemManager.frmPlayerSummary.e()
at HoldemManager.frmPlayerSummary.a(Object A_0, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs A_1)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorker Completed(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperat ionCompleted(Object arg)

fozzy71
10-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Try to change the regional settings first because the error says "input string was not in a correct format."

If that doesnt help try a reinstall of dot net framework.

Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software and uninstall every Microsoft .NET Framework you can find in the list.
2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

Maxaon
10-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Try to change the regional settings first because the error says "input string was not in a correct format."

If that doesnt help try a reinstall of dot net framework.

Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software and uninstall every Microsoft .NET Framework you can find in the list.
2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

I really doubt this is the problem because:

a) I can view my own big hands correctly, it only fails for other players
b) My regional settings are standard (ENG-US, Number: 123,456,790.00)

fozzy71
10-26-2009, 09:05 PM
You might be right, but we have had some recent threads that were similar where this has helped, and it is a very simple thing to try. Now that you tell me it is English US I assume you probably havent customized the settings, so this is less likely to be a cure now.

Did you try the reinstall of the dot net framework? What OS, Firewall, Virus Scanner are you using?

Maxaon
10-26-2009, 09:14 PM
You might be right, but we have had some recent threads that were similar where this has helped, and it is a very simple thing to try. Now that you tell me it is English US I assume you probably havent customized the settings, so this is less likely to be a cure now.

Did you try the reinstall of the dot net framework? What OS, Firewall, Virus Scanner are you using?

Yes, I haven't touched the regional settings on my machine and they seem to be completely standard. I reinstalled .NET to no avail. I am using AVG virus scanner and the windows firewall. OS is Windows XP x64. The problem only started occurring since beta 40. In prior versions everything worked fine.

fozzy71
10-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes, I haven't touched the regional settings on my machine and they seem to be completely standard. I reinstalled .NET to no avail. I am using AVG virus scanner and the windows firewall. OS is Windows XP x64. The problem only started occurring since beta 40. In prior versions everything worked fine.

See if this helps:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=132

Maxaon
10-27-2009, 06:38 PM
See if this helps:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=132

No, This is absolutely irrelevant to my problem.

fozzy71
10-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.

Rvg72
10-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi Erik, you mentioned that this started as of beta 40 - could you try reverting back to a previous version and see if the problem goes away. This would help us identify if it is a version specific problem or more likely a system/db problem that has just recently occurred.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.09.34.exe is beta 34

Once you check please let me know

Thanks,
Roy

Maxaon
10-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Hi Erik, you mentioned that this started as of beta 40 - could you try reverting back to a previous version and see if the problem goes away. This would help us identify if it is a version specific problem or more likely a system/db problem that has just recently occurred.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.09.34.exe is beta 34

Once you check please let me know

Thanks,
Roy

Hi,

My name isn't Erik, I don't know where you got that from:) It appears that the same problem occurs in the older beta as well. I went from 1.08 straight to beta 40 so it's possible the problem only appears in the beta. Additionally the problem appears for some players but not others. I checked whether there was a pattern in the dates those hands were stored but it doesn't appear to be the case. If you could tell me which tables it's using to get the data and what it's supposed to look like I can check that out as well.

Julian

Rvg72
10-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi,

My name isn't Erik, I don't know where you got that from:) It appears that the same problem occurs in the older beta as well. I went from 1.08 straight to beta 40 so it's possible the problem only appears in the beta. Additionally the problem appears for some players but not others. I checked whether there was a pattern in the dates those hands were stored but it doesn't appear to be the case. If you could tell me which tables it's using to get the data and what it's supposed to look like I can check that out as well.

Julian

Sorry Julian, not sure where I got Erik from either! I'd like you to try 2 more things

1) go back to version 1.08.04 and see if it still happens. I just want confirmation that this is not a version specific problem because then we can better focus on the possible fixes.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.08.04.exe

2) You could also try going into pgadmin and doing a full vacuum analyze - this would do 2 things. First it would tell you if there are any physical problems with your db and often recreating an index could resolve this and secondly it could just be that your db is using some assumptions it made about the makeup of tables that is making it choose really bad ways to get the data and this would fix that as well.

Roy