PDA

View Full Version : HM2 Problems !!

NachoAce
03-07-2012, 06:08 PM
- The first hand i am on a table shows the stats for other player (regardless prefered seat)
- Hud Auto Switch doesn´t work in 16 bits screen colors. Only in 32 bits colors.
- Sometimes Hand History on the table shows other winner (not the player who won the hand)
- Hud Auto Switch doesn´t work in Stacked tables
- Hud Auto Switch sometimes doesn´t work in Cascaded Tables
- Hud has a lot of performance problems. After 2 or 3 hours playing, everything gets slow. The computer stops responding. If I stop the HUD, everything gets normal. If I restart the hud, everything works fine for a while, but after 10 minutes (or less), everything gets slow again.

Are you going to include the new stats in HM1? I don´t want to use HM2 (it´s too slow) but I need the new stats.

Thanks

Nacho.-

Patvs
03-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Performance issues: read
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html, and http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1501/What+can+be+done+if+HUD+is+lagging%3F

Update to: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/200561-internal-version-fix-poker-stars-sterling-tables.html

What do you mean exactly with the "HUD Auto Switch"?
On which site are you playing?

--

No new stats will be added to HM1.

NachoAce
03-08-2012, 06:19 PM
ok, I´ll try the performance increase tips... but HM1 with a bigger database (more than the double of hands), works OK in the same situation. HM2 Hud is too slow.
"Hud auto Switch" is the auto switch between differents huds (FLOP / TURN / RIVER).
I´m playing in pokerstars.

Patvs
03-08-2012, 08:06 PM
And you have live tracking on, using the street-by-street HUD, but the HUD is too slow switching from flop, turn, river?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

NachoAce
03-09-2012, 11:02 AM
After 2 or 3 hours (something like 3000/3500 hands in the same session), everything is slow. Not the switching between differents huds, the switching between differents tables. It takes about 1 second to change the focus between one table to another. If I try to see a popup sometimes I can and sometimes I can´t. Sometimes it takes a lot of time, and the hand is folded.
If I stop the HUD, everything gets normal (really fast). If I start the Hud again, after a few minutes everything gets slow again.

Automatically refresh is disabled.

I´m using Windows XP SP3, AVG Internet Security 2012
I have all the updates in my PC (.net framework, windows, HM2)
My PC is a Intel Core(TM) 2 Quad CPU (Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz), 4 GB RAM,

With HM1, sometimes I play about 6000 / 7000 hands in the same session, and I have no problem. HM1 database has the double (or maybe three times) of hands than HM2 database.

Patvs
03-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

Also update your videocard driver to the latest AMD Catalyst / Nvidia beta driver.

NachoAce
03-09-2012, 01:15 PM
I´m using PostgreSQL 8.4

My videocard driver is updated. I did it last week because I was trying to use both displays in max resolution in 32 bits (the performance problem wasn´t resolved).

When I start playing, HUD is a bit slow (more than in HM1), but it works fine... Apparently the problem is after 3000 or more hands...

Patvs
03-09-2012, 02:36 PM
How many hands (estimate) in total are in the database?

What sort of harddisk (size/RPM speed) is in the computer?

NachoAce
03-09-2012, 03:01 PM
675.000 hands.

Harddisk 640 GB - western digital - 32 MB CACHE
Buffer-Host Max. Rate 300 MB/seconds
Disk Interface Serial-ATA/300
7200 RPM

Patvs
03-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Is the drive fully defragged?

After playing 300/5000 hands, check Windows Task Manager, which programs are using the most CPU and RAM.

NachoAce
03-09-2012, 04:58 PM
ok, I´ll check it.
Not fully defragged now... I did it about 2 months ago.

NachoAce
03-09-2012, 08:27 PM
I checked the task manager, and the programs I can see with activity when I have problems are:
HoldemManager.exe
HudFuncsApp.exe
PokerStars.exe
TableNinja.exe

I optimized my database (again)
I deactivated ¨Live Tracking¨
Now I´m defragging...

But the Hud is really slow.
Can you include the HM1 Hud in HM2?

I think I´m going back for a while to HM1, because when the problems happen, I must play without Hud. If not, I loss a lot of hands because the time is over...

Patvs
03-09-2012, 09:25 PM
You can import the HM1 HUD into--> HM2.
It's not possible to import a HM2 HUD--> into HM1. You'll have to re-create it in HM1, or edit the default HM1 HUD configurations.

NachoAce
03-11-2012, 12:04 PM
OK, I know that.
I meant to include the HM1 "hud Program" in HM2. The HM1 "Hud Program" hasn´t performance problems as HM2 ¨Hud Program¨.

Patvs
03-11-2012, 01:48 PM
What do you mean with 'HUD program' exactly?
Do you mean the TableManager (=hmhud.exe)?
That's now integraded into HM2.

NachoAce
03-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Yes. it's integrated, but with some problems.. (order in list is not numerical and you can´t select a table by double clicking on the list)
But something in the HUD program (I guess it´s on HudFuncsApp.exe), makes everything slow after playing a few hours. With hmhud.exe, the problem doesn´t exist.

Patvs
03-11-2012, 02:38 PM
On which sites are you playing where you have to use the TableFinder/TableManager?

NachoAce
03-11-2012, 02:45 PM
I only play in PokerStars.

Patvs
03-11-2012, 03:37 PM
For which purpose would you like to use TableManager/TableFinder on PokerStars?
You don't have to use it for PokerStars.

NachoAce
03-11-2012, 03:42 PM
I don´t use it.

Patvs
03-11-2012, 03:46 PM
You can try installing Windows 7 x64, so Windows wil be able to utilize all 4 GB which should improve performance.

NachoAce
03-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Now, according to the "task manager", it has 3664240 total physical memory

Patvs
03-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Read: Clearing up the 32/64-bit memory limit confusion | ZDNet (http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/clearing-up-the-3264-bit-memory-limit-confusion/3124)

NachoAce
03-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Which folders are you using for temp files?
(I `m going to deactivate antivirus for that folders)

Patvs
03-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Antivirus/Windows Defender shouldn't monitor:
C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL
C:/HM2Archive
C:/Program Files/HoldemManager2

NachoAce
03-13-2012, 10:10 AM
And about this:
- Live Tracking doesn´t work in Stacked tables
- Live Tracking sometimes doesn´t work in Cascaded Tables

Are you going to solve it?
Why instead use the chat, HM2 doesn´t use the same method as TableNinja to detect Flop / turn / River? (it works on any situation)

Thanks.

Patvs
03-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Live Tracking relies on OCR (optical character recognition) and needs to be able to literally SEE the chat.
So the chat must be:
-visible (you can't hid it behind other tables, stacked/cascaded
-default size (you can't make the tables smaller)

NachoAce
03-13-2012, 09:59 PM
ok, and are you going to solve it?
As is now in my opinion does not help much.
Obviously it's just my opinion.

Can´t you make it work as Tableninja?

Thanks

Patvs
03-14-2012, 08:24 PM
There is no fix for this.
In fact, even if you only play 1 table, if a HUD panel overlaps with the chat box, or your internet browser (or any other window) blocks the chat window when the information to determine pot odds and which street you're on has to be read, it will screw up the live tracking.

Patvs
03-14-2012, 08:35 PM
TableNinja looks at the cards and uses a different method. (this is why not all decks work with TableNinja)

Live Tracking/street-by-street HUD reads actual lines from the chat window.
You propose an interesting question..: why doesn't live tracking use the same method as TableNinja?
I'll forward this to the programmers.

Do you have Windows 7?
If you turn on Windows AERO, HoldemManager should be able to read the chat window even if those windows are stacked/cascaded.

NachoAce
03-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Hi Patvs,
Thank you for response.
I have a lot of poker and software experience (I am a PokerStar Supernova Elite and a System engineer), and I think Pot Odds aren't so important. But Live Tracking/street-by-street HUD is very important. I.E. Nanonoko made his Guinness Record playing 40 tables cash games, in a laptop (I think using stacked tables)
When you play a lot of tables, you can't see all tables at the same time.
If Live tracking could work as tableninja, it will be a very interesting tool.
Another usefull thing about this, could be adding a "Hotkey" to each hud. When I arrive to a table, if I'm not seeing the correct hud, I could activate it by pressing a key (or a combination).

I have a laptop with Windows 7. What should I do? Should I turn on an Aero Theme, and it'll work?

Thanks again.

Patvs
03-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Try turning on the AERO Theme, yes.

TableScanner, HoldemManager and TableNinja, use a mix of OCR and DLL injection.
I'll write up a feature request if Street-by-street HUD can't use a different method, since you're absolutely right playing stacked--> the street by street HUD doesn't work.