PDA

View Full Version : Table Manager not working although detecting hands - W7

samuel1976
10-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi,

I have used holdem manager for a while, and use it on my laptop too so I am not too bad using it.. however recently I purchased windows 7 and a new pc and I can't seem to stop having problems :(

The issue that I have now is that table manager + norton just don't seem to get along.

Basic installation + norton off = perfectly fine

Basic installation + norton on = no table manager

Upgrade to 41 beta + norton off = no table manager

Upgrade to 41 beta + norton on = no table manager

In all instants I have UAC turned off, I have reinstalled many times. Also in all situations holdem manager is recognising hands and importing them perfectly fine.

O and i've added both sql + holdem manager to 'allow' through firewall on norton.

Any suggestions would be helpful, i have browsed the site a lot and tried a few things but nothing work.. as i say its with windows 7 and never had an issues before.

Thanks!

netsrak
10-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Please make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe run as administrator (in the compatibility tab of the properties). It may be necessary to reconfigure the Auto-Import settings.

fozzy71
10-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or else you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu. Windows 7 you MUST set all the executables to always run as admin.

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

samuel1976
10-25-2009, 11:34 AM
yey! tried all the steps and works well. Think it might have been the admin on the HMHUD.exe thanks alot guys

fozzy71
10-25-2009, 02:31 PM
yey! tried all the steps and works well. Think it might have been the admin on the HMHUD.exe thanks alot guys

Yes, HEM will NOT work at all w/o them set to Run As Admin, if UAC is even slightly active. Sliding the UAC scale all the way down doesnt seem to be as effective as it was to [ ] turn off uac on vista.