PDA

View Full Version : Can't read pstars hand history

effang
10-24-2009, 05:33 AM
I haven't played in over 3 month. Prior to that, i was on some version of pstars, and 1.09 beta 21 for HM Manager. No issues with importing, and then showing stat HUD.

Just yesterday, i updated the newest pstars (didn't erase old...should i) and nothing would work. the HUD didn't show up, the auto import didn't find anything, basically, i am not sure what is going on. feels as if a recent change was made in pstars, and now, nothing prior to 3 mths ago works.

Lunatic973
10-24-2009, 06:40 AM
You're about 20 updates behind. Download beta 40.

effang
10-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey,

tried updating, and now on version 1.09 Beta 41. Still not working. I can now Import specific hand txt files, but if i choose a folder to import, it doesn't read, and also if i choose auto import, it chooses not to read. Should i be reinstalling Pstars at this point?

Thanks

fozzy71
10-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Please dont double post or copy/paste your threads from here to 2p2. It is also best if you PM me here instead of emailing me thru 2p2. I tried to reply to your email but you dont allow for anyone to email you back on 2p2.

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe, and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe, and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.

Does the Table Manager open and show 0/6? If the table doesnt appear at all, try this:

0. Make sure you have installed Beta 41
1. Note your database connection settings from the database management
2. Close holdemmanager
3. Go to the folder config in the holdemmanager installation path
4. Rename the file holdemmanager.config to holdemmanager.config.corrupt or sth. like that.
5. Under Vista make sure that UAC is switched off or check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility
6. Restart Holdemmanager
7. Holdemmanager reinstalls and displays some messages and warnings
7a. A new holdemmanager.config file is generated
8. Reconfigure your database connection
9. After successful start reconfigure your Auto-import settings
10. Table manager should start again.