PDA

View Full Version : HEM, missing hands

Lunatic973
10-23-2009, 07:32 PM
I've noticed that HEM is missing some hands. While I'm playing at the table, I'll sometimes mark a hand for later review. When I went to do that, I noticed the hand wasn't even there to mark. I copied the HH from the website, and manually imported it. It didn't say it was a duplicate hand. This has happened more than once, and more than just one site. Everything is working fine.

Before you say it, yes I've updated to beta 40, and yes I'm running 8.4. This is something that is very isolated. I've only noticed it do it to three hands.

fozzy71
10-23-2009, 08:27 PM
What site, what operating system, what security software(s)?

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or else you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

Lunatic973
10-23-2009, 08:32 PM
XP, Zone alarm, Avira, Absolute Poker, and Ultimate Bet. It's done it so far at both, which I know are essentially the same one. Very odd though, I mean out of 1500 hands in a day, it happens once. Yet sometimes it won't happen at all, or maybe I just haven't noticed it.

netsrak
10-25-2009, 06:49 AM
The only explanation are connection problems, for example if you are disconnected in a hand for only a second it wont import because the handhistory is incomplete. Or if you leave a table before a hand is completed this last hand will not be imported.

Lunatic973
10-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Well I think the issue may be with the Table Manager or whatever that little icon on the bottom right is called. Sometimes it doesn't show the correct number of hands or my winnings, and I'm sure it's connected to the same area where you mark your hands while your playing.

Also I keep being unable to connect to my data base every once in a while. It did this the other day too, it's very random. Sometimes if I'm messing around trying to run a report while importing, HEM will crash, and when I try and open it back up I get the dreaded "Failed to establish a connection to ‘127.0.0.1’ ". I tried rebooting, that didn't work.

So I started going through all the steps to fix it. When I got to the step of removing firewalls and virus programs. I shutdown zone alarm, thinking that would work. When I checked the windows firewall, it still showed Zone Alarm as "protecting my computer". So I uninstalled it. Rebooted, and HEM works fine, and I'm able to access my data base again.

Back that data base up regularly. I try and do it every week at a minimum. Or if I have a 3000 hand session one day, I'll do it to make sure I don't lose all that.