PDA

View Full Version : Notes dissapeared and adding new one is impossible

RandomNull
03-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I'v imported notes from HM1 then after playing few sessions + few reboots all my notes are gone. Also it's no longer possible to enter a new one - when clicking on the NoteCaddy icon in HUD a window ws "My notes" header is being opened but there is nothing in it (no text area where you can enter your note, just nothing)

What's wrong?

Patvs
03-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

RandomNull
03-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)
I'm running W7 and everything was ok untill now(admin, UAC etc.) also HM1 is working without problems.
But HM2 ...., it's awfull - slow, not updating stats, startup ap to 5 minutes .... and finally most important notes are gone .... Looks like I have to rollback to HM1 ...
Also in the mean time I've managed to launch Note Caddy, so I'm able to add new notes again but old ones are gone completely !!! Also those I've added during first few sessions with HM2. I'll try to import them from HM1, but what if they dissapear again? What can I do to prevent that?

Patvs
03-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Lag issues: read
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html, and
http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1501/What+can+be+done+if+HUD+is+lagging%3F

Notes: You have most of your notes created in HM1 right?
Create a new database in HM2, and import the entire HM1 database (import from database)

RandomNull
03-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Notes: You have most of your notes created in HM1 right?

Create a new database in HM2, and import the entire HM1 database (import from database)
Thx for perfoirmance hints, I'll try it out.
But option with importing entire database is no longer available for me - have already tons of hands in hm2 which are not present in HM1.
I'm even satisfied if I only manage to import the notes and not hands or stats itself ...
Is there any other "robust" solution for notes import?

DogNamedBluff
03-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Currently, this is the only way to import notes from HM1.

Patvs
03-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Create a new database in HM2, and import the entire HM1 database (import from database)---> so you'll have all the notes you created in HM1 in HM2.

Then run a import from folder on C:/HM2Archive, so you'll have all your new HM2 hands.
This way, the only thing you will be missing are newly created notes in HM2.
(save the old database, and an option to export--> import them into the new database, will be available in a future HM2 update)