PDA

View Full Version : HUD not working - FTP

Zach6668
10-23-2009, 04:44 AM
As of the latest FTP update a day or two ago, my HUD is no longer functioning properly.

Currently, the Table Manager does not even come up anymore when I auto-import, so obviously no stats are being displayed on the tables.

At one point I had it working by re-installing the software and the patch, but it would quit updating after 22 or 24 hands on each table.

All the while, all of my hands are being successfully imported into HEM.

It's back to simply not even opening the Table Manager.

I've tried to restart the computer, and re-installing the program (the extent of my computer knowledge) and nothing has worked this time.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help, in advance, and apologies if this is in the wrong section.

- Zach

Zach6668
10-23-2009, 05:08 AM
I reinstalled the whole thing again, and the HUD worked for 18 hands before it stopped updating. It remains on the table until I close it or HEM, but won't update anymore, even though the hands are importing properly.

Also, after those first 18 hands, I got action on a 2nd table, which had been open the whole while, and the first 18 hands worked for the HUD as well, before it quit in the exact same manner.

netsrak
10-23-2009, 07:05 AM
Please make sure you have the 1.09 beta 40 patch from the link in my signature.

If that doesn't help, or you need help for any reason, please let us know.

Zach6668
10-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Please make sure you have the 1.09 beta 40 patch from the link in my signature.

If that doesn't help, or you need help for any reason, please let us know.

Yup, that's the one I have. I've downloaded the Beta from that thread, now your sig, and the downloads page about 7 or 8 times since this all started.

Still doing the same thing.

netsrak
10-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Delete all files in your ftp handhistory folder, reboot your computer and try again.

If that doesn't help, please answer and post these questions: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

fozzy71
10-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

Please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

with the following:

1) The table manager
2) The tables (including one with no stats)
3) The "importing\hud data" folder
4) The ...handhistory\screenname folder.
Please make 3 and 4 the detailed view with the dates and file sizes etc.

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

titece
10-23-2009, 08:09 PM
I have exactly the same problem.
I will answer to the questions too.

Zach6668
10-24-2009, 04:44 AM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and which gametype and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?

Full Tilt Poker is the only site I play on, heads-up NL, .5/1, 1/2, 2/4

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?

Yes.

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?

Yes. It was working before the latest FTP update, then stopped working. It had worked for like 6 months before without any problems.

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?

Yes.

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?

Very much so.

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

Yes.

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?

I don't entirely understand how table finder works, but this is what I got when I tried it:

http://vvcap.net/db/GPCE16R2bFdFGNwda5br.jpg

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?

Yes

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?

It was not disabled. It worked enabled since the day I got this computer, and before that on my laptop. I did disable it, but will probably re-enable it, since it's not the problem.

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?

It is attached.

Upon restarting my computer after disabling my UAC, I had to re-enter my program key, and I have no idea what it is, naturally.

edit - Upon re-restarting after re-enabling UAC, my HEM was registered again, as it was prior to disabling UAC.

Zach6668
10-24-2009, 05:00 AM
1) The table manager
2) The tables (including one with no stats)
3) The "importing\hud data" folder
4) The ...handhistory\screenname folder.
Please make 3 and 4 the detailed view with the dates and file sizes etc.

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

1 and 2) I don't mean to be out of line here, but this can't possibly be helpful.

I've explained that the HUD simply stops updating after a certain number of hands. It's been 18, 20, 24 during various trials. I'm not going to go back and play more without the HUD and risk putting myself in a -EV situation at this point.

When I had two tables open, as I usually do playing heads-up, I got action on the first, and the HUD stopped updating after 20ish hands. After our short match finished, and a small break with no action, I got action on my 2nd table, of a different limit, and the HUD worked fine there for 20ish hands before it stopped updating. So, it looks like I'm only getting 20ish hands or so per table. The HUD overlay will continue to stay on the table with the 20ish hands or so, until I close out the table. It will stay even if that player leaves and is replaced by someone else.

All the while, ALL hands are being imported into HEM properly.

Now, if I open a new table at any point, HUD will no longer pop up. Only tables that were identified when Table Manager opened for the first time, or within the 20ish hands while the HUD was updating, will be recognized.

Furthermore, if I close HEM, or stop importing, and then try to import again, the Table Manager simply does not pop up. "Relaunch HUD" does absolutely nothing in this case as well. In order for me to get it to reappear, I uninstall HEM, restart my computer and reinstall it.

3) The importing/hud data folder is empty currently, but I imagine that's something that updates while I play?

4) I can assure you my FTP hands are being saved exactly the way they were prior to my HUD ceasing to operate properly. All hands are still importing without a problem.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully my explanation, and my answers to the above questions help.

Zach6668
10-24-2009, 06:48 AM
I decided to try it out again, did nothing new to HEM, and now starting to import will pop up the Table Manager box, but it immediately closes and disappears. You can't click on any of the menus for the second or two it is open. Relaunching HUD results in the same thing.

Here's a screen shot during the second or two it was open.

Also, hands are currently not importing at all, this is based entirely off of whatever I did while trying to answer the questions in the previous two posts.

The text shown in HEM, where it usually says how many hands have been imported stays like that indefinitely.

http://vvcap.net/db/Cg2vjbEqBk2Hjg1nXN3n.jpg

Zach6668
10-24-2009, 07:16 AM
I'm sorry to continually post in here, but I'm very very annoyed with this. I need this program to work, as I play for a living, and it's obviously vital to both my record keeping and my winrate.

In an attempt to fix the latest problem I described above, I removed HEM (using Windows' Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel), then restarted the computer, then reinstalled it.

The same thing was happening, where the Table Manager opened briefly, then closed, while "Auto Importing..." was all that happened in the main HEM window. It's still not importing hands.

I then installed the latest beta patch, and now the Table Manager doesn't even pop up, but the main HEM window is doing the same thing.

This is getting very frustrating.

I've tried everything you guys have asked, but nothing has worked.

Thanks again.

- Zach

fozzy71
10-24-2009, 09:01 AM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

You will never get the HUD to work using 1.08.04.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

I then installed the latest beta patch, and now the Table Manager doesn't even pop up, but the main HEM window is doing the same thing.

1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, from the link in my signature, with another browser if possible.
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.
3) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.
4) Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder

If that doesnt help:

0. Make sure you have installed Beta 41
1. Note your database connection settings from the database management
2. Close holdemmanager
3. Go to the folder config in the holdemmanager installation path
4. Rename the file holdemmanager.config to holdemmanager.config.corrupt or sth. like that.
5. Under Vista make sure that UAC is switched off or check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility
6. Restart Holdemmanager
7. Holdemmanager reinstalls and displays some messages and warnings
7a. A new holdemmanager.config file is generated
8. Reconfigure your database connection
9. After successful start reconfigure your Auto-import settings
10. Table manager should start again.

Zach6668
10-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Sorry, I must have looked up the version number in between my various deletes/re-installs. After adding the patch for the 80th time before my last post, it's 1.09 Beta 41 now, and that's what's still causing the problems.

I'll go through what you said and try it out. I'm completely computer clueless, so hopefully it's not too intensive.

fozzy71
10-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Just let me know if that doesnt help and/or you need help.

Zach6668
10-27-2009, 03:42 AM
Looks like it's all fixed up.

Thanks a ton for your help. It's much appreciated.