PDA

View Full Version : Problema HM1: Failed to establish a connection.

carvill
03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Hello, I have a problem with the HM1 and I can not solve, Sorry for my English is very bad, and I have to use translators.

When I start the HM I get this window:

"the following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.01"

clik ok, and it appears the window "Database Control Panel" and Connect.

And then another window appears that says: "A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?", click ok, and says : "HM has started the service. Please try again".

And then I have to open my database manually.

I have installed the update 1.12.9a, but does not work, do not know how to fix the problem, I would like to help me

Thank you.

Patvs
03-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

carvill
03-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

Done, but it does not work

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

Done, but it does not work, Now I get a window that says:

"An error occurred while loading the Prefs files: Root element is missing."

Patvs
03-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates./

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

carvill
03-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm using WINDOWS XP, and the antivirus is NOD32

Patvs
03-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates./

XP must be updated to Service Pack 3.

Try: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v8.2.22/win32/postgresql-8.2.22-1.zip

carvill
03-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I deleted and I have installed postgres again, I think I've solved this by running the HM. thanks

But now I have another problem, I have deleted the HUD that I created, which I created and had no copy.

The pop-up that I had created, not deleted.

Is there a way to rescue my HUD?

Patvs
03-06-2012, 06:53 PM
HM1: connect to your old database--> and export your HUD (hud options--> player preferences)

Otherwise you'll have to re-create the HUD.
Custom popups: all your popups are saved in the HoldemManager/Config folder