PDA

View Full Version : Import from folder don't work

linkus
10-22-2009, 04:23 AM
Hello.

When I try to do import from folder HM shows me Found 0 files to process..... But the folder with hh files is about 100 MB. Early I did it each day. But now don't work.

HM 1.09.40

Please, help.

netsrak
10-22-2009, 06:37 AM
Please rename the folder or the files. HM has an internal flag which folders / files wery already imported.

linkus
10-22-2009, 07:20 AM
Thank you!

sharalk
03-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Please rename the folder or the files. HM has an internal flag which folders / files wery already imported.

That is stupid! Is this error reported and when will it be fixed?

morny
03-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Its not an error, if you had being importing 1 million hands and it stopped with 100k to go, if you restarted the import it would recognise the 1st 900k were already imported and just bypass them and import the last 100k and save you the time of scanning the 1st 900k ones again.

sharalk
03-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Its not an error, if you had being importing 1 million hands and it stopped with 100k to go, if you restarted the import it would recognise the 1st 900k were already imported and just bypass them and import the last 100k and save you the time of scanning the 1st 900k ones again.

If it stopped after 900K hands it would be because an error. If an error happend I would not trust any software to handle it 100% correct all the time, so I would rather like to import everything again. How can I ( or you ) be shure the last hand in the file beeing read when the error occured were imported?
How can I be shure all the hands in the previous file were imported and commited to the DB? It could be this commit who erred.

It's also very confusing when I start to import from an folder and the message is "no files found". It's a lot of hands in that folder.

At least make this an option and also correct the message to "n previous imported files found, non imported" or something like that.

I don't know how you detect new files or changed files in an folder, but the content of a file can change. There is also an possible problem when mixing up with creating new DBs, restoring backups (both DBs and folders) and importing from previous imported folders.

Regards