PDA

View Full Version : pokerstars: how to manually import hands?

CF23
03-01-2012, 06:13 PM
hi
i've only recently installed the pokerstars client again after about 2 years.
and i've been playing on the pokerstars mobile app.
so i requested my handhistory via email.

now how do i get these hands imported?
i just copy/pasted the hand histories from the pokerstars email into a text file, saved that and imported that file.
however, HEM can't seem to recognise the hands in there.

what's the trick, what do i have to do?

Patvs
03-02-2012, 11:36 AM
The hands you requested were played with the mobile app?
Email us a handhistory to support@holdemmanager.com so we can check if the formatting is identical to handhistories played on the regular client.

CF23
03-02-2012, 02:31 PM
yes those hands in question i've played on the mobile app (android)

just sent you an email.

but i had also played a few hands on the regular client and while those were saved in the pokerstars folder, HEM doesn't show any hands in the session tab or anywhere else... odd

Patvs
03-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)
Check if the hands do show up when you import them into a new database

CF23
03-02-2012, 03:01 PM
i've got the latest version, 1.12.09

all filters are cleared, except date which is set to 'this year'
i can're reimport the hands i played on the desktop, the stars hand history folder is empty already. HEM must have imprted them but they aren't showing.

however that's a separate issue from the issue i have.
the fact that hands i played on mobile, that i requested from stars via email, can't be imported.
unless i'm doing it wrong.
but i emailed those to you, could you have a look later?

Patvs
03-02-2012, 06:22 PM
All the hands are moved to the archive folder, default: C:HMArchive.
Run a import from folder on that folder in a new empty database. Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

CF23
03-02-2012, 06:50 PM
hi Ptvs
thanks, the autoimport for pokerstars is working now.

what about my initial issue.
how do i get hands imported that i requested via email from pokerstars?

Patvs
03-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Regular hands you requested (played on the main client)--> you can import in HoldemManager.

Hands played on the mobile app, we're investigating the hands now, I'm assuming they don't import.
If they are in a somewhat normal handhistory formatting, we'll add support for these hands in a future update.

MariusK
04-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Hello,

any news regarding this issue? I'm also experiencing problems with importing hands from PokerStars mobile.

Patvs
04-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Did you request the handhistories and they emailed you the hands?
Those hands should be in identical formatting as regular hands and import in both HM1 and HM2.

MariusK
04-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Yes, they emailed me the hands, then I put them into notepad and manualy imported into HEM2, but it didn't work. I also tried renaming file and deleting "*********#1************" from the beggining of each hand, but it didn't help either. I attach that file, so you can look at it.

Patvs
04-27-2012, 07:36 PM
I had initially tested this with cashgame hands.
But your tourney hands also import just fine into both HM1 and HM2.

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States) which PostgreSQL version are you using?

MariusK
04-28-2012, 11:22 AM
it worked! Thanks for the help!