PDA

View Full Version : importing hands from other computers into my HM program

sleezeeone
10-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Fozzy- i mainly play poker on my laptop, which is where my HM is installed and i use it. Question-could i play on a friends computer and then save the hand history, then copy the history over to my laptop into a folder and set it up to import those hands?

What i am thinking is i could play on my compter 90% of the time, but if for some reason i am on another computer or traveling i could use someone elses and just save the history, bring it over to my HM and keep an accurate dbase on hands.

Also, i saw it in another thread- but any issues if i play on a mac, save the hand histories, and then bring the file over on my laptop?

Thank you,
SleezeeOne

fozzy71
10-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Fozzy- i mainly play poker on my laptop, which is where my HM is installed and i use it. Question-could i play on a friends computer and then save the hand history, then copy the history over to my laptop into a folder and set it up to import those hands?

What i am thinking is i could play on my compter 90% of the time, but if for some reason i am on another computer or traveling i could use someone elses and just save the history, bring it over to my HM and keep an accurate dbase on hands.

Yes, this is fine. Carry a USB Thumb drive and you can save the new hands to that, and then Import from Folder > USB Thumb drive for your DB.

You can also email support@pokerstars and they will send you every hand every played.

Also, i saw it in another thread- but any issues if i play on a mac, save the hand histories, and then bring the file over on my laptop?

I am a MAC noob, but I dont think there are any differences in the text files of the hand histories. it should be fine as far as I know.