PDA

View Full Version : Extracting hands from a DB and reimporting

Sirus
10-20-2009, 01:18 PM
I've just extracted all of my hands from an very big old database. I reformatted my comp, divided the very large extracted hands file into 10 smaller folders ready for HEM to import from; some problems I have encountered:

1: From the hands that I've extracted I am missing over 150,000 players from my old database.

2: usually when I stop importing from a folder and go to reimport from the same folder, HEM can usually distinguished which files it has imported. For some reason this wasn't happen with the large folders (2.5g+) so the software would rescan the whole folder again and recognise/import? duplicate hands - this would take up to 24 hours each folder.

Is there any way you can speed up this process? I haven't been able to play for a week!

ty

netsrak
10-20-2009, 01:27 PM
1. Players with no hands are not restored (i guess you purged their hands).

2. You should import single files and delete them (or move them to a different folder) after completion.

Sirus
10-20-2009, 01:32 PM
1. Players with no hands are not restored (i guess you purged their hands).

2. You should import single files and delete them (or move them to a different folder) after completion.

1: I haven't purged anything from hem.

2: say there were 1300 files I would divide them into 13 folders of 100 files each and import them. However, HEM would rescan the whole folder if i stopped the import or sometimes the import would stop for no reason? Depending on how big the folder was, would take between 2hours-48hours.

netsrak
10-20-2009, 04:35 PM
1. Any error messages during the import?

2. I experienced the same problems with mass imports. The import is not very good for such things. But there are improvements planned for the future.