PDA

View Full Version : backing up

bg26892
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
is there any way to change the file location to which the DB is backed up to?

morny
09-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Yes when you choose Backup after following these steps http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=12 click on the ... button beside filename and it lets you choose where you want to save the backup to

gpiotter
09-28-2008, 10:44 PM
OK I've never backed up anything in my life until now. I bought a DVD burner and will be backing up everything in my documents folder. I also want to back up my HEM data. I saw the easy instructions on the website. I got to the point where it's apparently saving the data and then things freeze.

What's going on exactly? Is it saving every single hand it has to the file I specified or is it storing the info online someplace? If it is exporting the millions of hands, that isn't necessary because I just converted from PT to HEM so I already exported all the hands to files on my desktop in several folders (broke it up into several imports as fozzy suggested).

I already exported all the hands except for the last month that I've been using HEM. I sure as hell don't want to spend days exporting all this info again so if it is exporting every single hand is there a way to have it only export hands since a specific date?

morny
09-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah if you already have the files stored on your desktop then there is no need to back them up then.

When you do need to backup newer files in the future you can just choose export hands and skip the backup or vice versa as both do the same thing however if your data is really important and you dont want to be in a situation where you delete the backup or something then you can do both to be extra safe.