PDA

View Full Version : problems installing postgresql-8.3

Jaybear
10-20-2009, 09:18 AM
When I try to install this program I get a message after the program starts and I select english saying

" This installation package couldnot be open. Verify that the package exist and can that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

what do I need to do?

scottiebo
10-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Where did you download the postgres package from?

--
Scott
EnterpriseDB
PostgreSQL 24x7 Support / Consulting
www.enterprisedb.com

fozzy71
10-20-2009, 04:37 PM
When I try to install this program I get a message after the program starts and I select english saying

" This installation package couldnot be open. Verify that the package exist and can that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

what do I need to do?

If you only double clicked the postgresql.zip download, you only opened it up in a preview window of sorts.

- Right-Click > Extract All to your postgresql.zip file.
- That should create a new folder with the contents, which should allow the setup to run properly.
- If you have any issues with the windows not having an Extract menu under Right-Click, try www.7zip.org.

I would suggest you install postgresql 8.4 instead, if this is a first install.

Install PostgreSQL 8.4, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall - http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.dowindows