PDA

View Full Version : LeakBuster error message

Enecosse
10-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'.
at Npgsql.NpgsqlClosedState.Open(NpgsqlConnector context)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.Open()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.GetPooledConnector(Npgs qlConnection Connection)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Open()
at PostgresConnection.f_OlDbReader(String query)
at eval_m.eval_b(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Boolean A_3, DateTime A_4, DateTime A_5)
at LeakBuster2._.Mainf.eval_b(Object A_0, DoWorkEventArgs A_1)

Otherwise HM works fine with no connection problems to the database.

Leak Buster Support
10-19-2009, 07:25 PM
What beta of Holdem Manager are you using? The connection time is set to 3 minutes. Leak Buster has the lag time of pulling the data from the database (same as HEM does), but then it also has the extra process of running calculations. On REALLY large databases, and slower PC's it's possible this could occur. However, curious to know the version, because early versions of leak buster had quicker timeout settings.

dackjaniels
10-20-2009, 11:24 AM
I am having the exact same error message when trying to import stats into my (trial version of) leakbuster. (HM is registered pro version).

All installed today fresh and DB has less then 2k hands, running on a fast laptop. I installed the full version of HM and the update.

Please help,
thanks!

Leak Buster Support
10-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Could you guys let me know what beta of HEM you're using?

dackjaniels
10-20-2009, 05:26 PM
1.09 Beta 40

Leak Buster Support
10-21-2009, 03:25 AM
I passed this on to the developer. If you are connecting to your database fine with HEM, but not LB it's likely a permissions problem. Leak Buster uses the exact same connection string to the database as HEM uses.

Just make sure you're trying to import nl/pl holdem hands.

Enecosse
10-21-2009, 04:43 AM
1.09 beta 40. I have LB working on my second PC, the difference being its a much smaller db and the OP is windows XP. The laptop with which I am having difficulty is running Vista Home Premium, has a large db and has the admin permission thing disabled. PostgresSQL 8.3

The title of the window that appears says 'Sorry for the inconvenience, but LeakBuster has encountered an unhandled error.' Then below is the stuff pasted into the first post.

dackjaniels
10-21-2009, 05:19 AM
I am also running on a laptop with Vista home premium. UAC is turned off. Also tried turning off Kaspersky internet security (windows firewall is off).

Hands are NLHE, 6-max from Full Tilt and iPoker, as I said previously the DB is very small, less than 2k hands. Laptop is a Rock gaming laptop so very fast.

Would appreciate any further suggestions you may have.

Thanks.

Leak Buster Support
10-21-2009, 03:02 PM
I know you said you had some permissions off, but it seems like you need to make sure the both HEM and LB are being run as administrator. I would check out this help file, and try to run HEM as administrator first.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

The error is pointing directly to the fact you aren't getting the proper permissions in LB to access the database. So double check this, and let me know how it works for you.

dackjaniels
10-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks, will try it out and report back.

dackjaniels
10-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Followed the link you posted and carried out all steps, also followed all the steps on the linked page to add exceptions and disable windows defender/firewall. I also added all mentioned files to 'Trusted Applications' in Kaspersky and added exceptions for each so they are not scanned (files, network traffic, etc.) but unfortunately it's still the same.

Really don't know what else to try :(

Just for completenesss I have pasted below the exact error message I receive:

Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection)
at eval_m.eval_b(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Boolean A_3, DateTime A_4, DateTime A_5)
at eval_m.eval_b(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Boolean A_3, Boolean A_4)
at LeakBuster2._.Mainf.eval_b(Object A_0, DoWorkEventArgs A_1)

Note: I initially had PostgreSQL installed by the PT3 installer. I since removed it (PT3 and PostgreSQL) and installed PostgreSQL I downloaded from the link you provide on your site. As the Postgres user account was already created, during installation I had to enter the user account password as setup by PT3 (svcPASS83). The DB pass is the default used by HEM (postgrespass). I don't see this as an issue as HEM connects fine, it is only when LeakBuster tries to access the DB that it fails.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks.

Leak Buster Support
10-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Just to clarify, is this the stand alone version of Leak Buster, or the one that is integrated inside the tab of HEM?

It's a permissions issue with connection to the DB. I've asked the developer for some other ideas of how to get it functioning. Because like I said, Leak Buster connects to the database the exact same way HEM does.

It's a problem anytime something is blocking access, and it can work with some parts of the database if a file is not blocked by your firewall, and then others not work. See below:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5561

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?postid=148248

Leak Buster Support
10-21-2009, 09:48 PM
This may also be it, because depending on when your OS updated, it may not be looking at the localhost.

1: Go to "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc" and open the "hosts" file with notepad
2: Delete existing text
3: Enter "127.0.0.1 localhost"
4: Save the file
5: Restart PostgreSQL service

Enecosse
10-22-2009, 06:00 AM
I have tried everything as per the link with no joy. Still get the same message. Leak Buster should just use the database settings in HM anyway right? I have no problems connecting with HM.

Edit; just read the above which I will try tonight.

ghenghea
10-22-2009, 02:20 PM
hello i install in my windows another user account. i reinstall in this new user acount my holdem manager and posgresq . my holdem manager work but i can't register my leak buster. how fix this problem?thx. i atach print screen

Enecosse
10-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Ok I have tried modifying the hosts file and it has not worked. I wonder if reinstalling PostgreSQL would help?

Leak Buster Support
10-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Ok I have tried modifying the hosts file and it has not worked. I wonder if reinstalling PostgreSQL would help?

You also need to re-start your service, or re-boot your computer as well.

I know that in the release candidate that should be coming out, that according to the developer, the permissions for Leak Buster is changed and should solve this. There is a way to manually do this, but unfortunately he was sick today, so I didn't get a complete response from him on this.

We'll figure it out soon though.

Leak Buster Support
10-22-2009, 09:42 PM
hello i install in my windows another user account. i reinstall in this new user acount my holdem manager and posgresq . my holdem manager work but i can't register my leak buster. how fix this problem?thx. i atach print screen

If you just updated to the latest beta, you will need a new registration code. Just PM me with your e-mail and we'll get it to you.

dackjaniels
10-23-2009, 04:32 PM
No luck with the above suggestions, guess i'll wait until the new rc is available and try that.
FYI the version I am using is the one built into HEM.

Thanks

Leak Buster Support
10-24-2009, 03:44 AM
No luck with the above suggestions, guess i'll wait until the new rc is available and try that.
FYI the version I am using is the one built into HEM.

Thanks

Yes, I believe it was released tonight, but they are calling it beta 41. I know the developer changed a couple of things with how LB is passing data to HEM. This is what our first thought on the permission issue may be. Let me know how it works. If not, we can schedule to do a remote session and check it out for you.

dackjaniels
10-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks, will download the new beta and try it out.

Leak Buster Support
10-25-2009, 03:29 PM

Pm'd again so we can schedule a session.

Enecosse
10-26-2009, 08:17 AM
My last pm was on the 18th Oct with the initial reg code. I am away for a few days, but when I get back will try the latest HM beta. From what I can see I will need a new reg code?

Enecosse
10-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I have installed Beta 41, I have done the hosts file, .pid things, with a reboot. Also turned off windows firewall. Still get the same error message. Only difference is that I see something flash real quick in the top left corner before the error message comes up, (when LB is trying to connect to the .db).

I have several .db on my computer with postreSQL 8.2 and 8.3 with HM on 8.3. The server name is 127.0.0.1 on port 5433 which is slightly different from the default 5432. HM runs with no other problems other than a very brief ''not responding' when it starts, I assume that is becasue I have a large .db

Any other ideas?

Leak Buster Support
10-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Yes, we e-mailed that test program, and I need you to run the second one I sent you so we can check out your connection log. That will be the biggest clue for us to see what's going on with your particular system. I re-sent it to you just not, just in case you didn't get it (I know you got the first one we sent out).

Enecosse
10-28-2009, 01:15 AM
Your last two posts.......I just don't have a clue what your talking about. Where they directed at me or someone else? And yes I have checked my spam folder.

Leak Buster Support
10-28-2009, 01:47 AM
I may have gotten you confused with another person in this thread... sorry. Please PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you the program that will check your connection.

RedBarracuda
10-28-2009, 08:40 AM
beta .42

Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
Connection establishment timeout. Increase Timeout value in ConnectionString.
at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.ProcessBackendResponsesEnum(Npg sqlConnector context)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlReadyState.QueryEnum(NpgsqlConnector context, NpgsqlCommand command)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.QueryEnum(NpgsqlCommand queryCommand)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.GetReader(CommandBehavior cb)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cb)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
at c.b8(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Boolean A_3, DateTime A_4, DateTime A_5)
at c.b8(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Boolean A_3, Boolean A_4)
at LeakBuster2._.Mainf.b(Object A_0, DoWorkEventArgs A_1)

Leak Buster Support
10-28-2009, 10:04 PM
beta .42

Can you give a few more details about your error. What OS are you running, and what were you doing when you got the error? What kind of import were you attempting to do? Does this always happen, or just sometimes. Thanks.

RedBarracuda
10-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Can you give a few more details about your error. What OS are you running, and what were you doing when you got the error? What kind of import were you attempting to do? Does this always happen, or just sometimes. Thanks.

I didn't have problems before beta .40.

I am running XP x64 and I tried to import by stake level. Then it goes into "obtaining my data, please be patient" but ends up with that error message.

Although, I tried it right now, and it worked just fine. I guess the problem was there just yesterday (all day long)?

Leak Buster Support
10-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Strange, but glad it's working now. We will look into it more though just to verify there aren't any issues with XP running in 64 bit mode.

Enecosse
11-09-2009, 02:38 PM
It been awhile but I still can't get LB to connect to the database. I have the latest version of HM and have tried the advice given previously. Still get the following error message. Any progress on a resolution or am I the only one with this problem.

Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
at c.b8(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Boolean A_3, DateTime A_4, DateTime A_5)

Leak Buster Support
11-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I PM'd you about scheduling a remote session.

dackjaniels
11-10-2009, 04:05 AM
I PM'd you about scheduling a remote session.

I too would appreciate some further help with this. I have not heard back from support since running the DB connection test program I was sent and returning the log file as requested.

Thanks.

DrRishi
11-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi

I would also like to report the same problem. I have read through all the threads but I still get this error.
I have been doing a little analysis and I think it is a timeout problem. Sometimes when I open the Reports screen in HM I get a similar error but HM simply re-tries and then everything is OK. Postgres seems to be very slow on my machine. I have re-installed it a number of times but it doesn't seem to help.

Regards

Rishi

Leak Buster Support
11-10-2009, 06:58 PM
I too would appreciate some further help with this. I have not heard back from support since running the DB connection test program I was sent and returning the log file as requested.

Thanks.

Thanks for sending the log file. We sent you an e-mail about scheduling a remote session. I believe I'm the person who opened a ticket about this, so I will send it to you again and see if we can find a time to connect and resolve this for you.

Leak Buster Support
11-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi

I would also like to report the same problem. I have read through all the threads but I still get this error.
I have been doing a little analysis and I think it is a timeout problem. Sometimes when I open the Reports screen in HM I get a similar error but HM simply re-tries and then everything is OK. Postgres seems to be very slow on my machine. I have re-installed it a number of times but it doesn't seem to help.

Regards

Rishi

Sometimes if you run a report in HEM, and then go and import from Leak Buster, this speeds it up. Also compacting and vacuum analyzing frequently is important if you're having speed issues. However, the issue they are having is a little different.

DrRishi
11-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi

I do actually have exactly the same problem. I included the info on the reports to possibly aid in finding the problem. I have vacuumed the database.

Thanks

Rishi

Leak Buster Support
11-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks. How long is it before you recieve this error? Is it right away or after LB is running awhile? Also, can you try and click on CHANGE in the reports tab, select another user you have info on (can be anyone) and then run LB again and see if it works.

DrRishi
11-12-2009, 08:23 AM
From the time I press the "Full Ring" button until I get the error message takes about 20 seconds. I have tried it with another player with only 100 hands and the result was the same.

Rhincodon
11-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Is LeakBuster working with PLO? If so, can someone give some recommendations? If not, is it scheduled?

Leak Buster Support
11-12-2009, 06:47 PM
No, it's not yet. We're working on it though. :)

LogicGeek
01-07-2010, 11:39 AM
hey.

i have the same problem as 2 of users had before me. i wonder if it was solved and HOW.

error msg:
Npgsql.NpgsqlException:

ty,
LG

Leak Buster Support
01-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Do you have the latest beta installed?

Enecosse
01-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I managed to get this problem sorted out with the latest beta of HM. Actually it was a couple of betas ago I forget. I also went through the stuff on the forum related to HM not connecting to the .db. I think there was a problem with my anti virus and anti spam etc software. You need to make sure that the relevant .exe files are allowed thru the firewall and other protection software you have.
The only thing LB won't do is the whole of my .db which is probably too big for it to churn through.