PDA

View Full Version : norton trojan problem

slatur
10-18-2009, 09:27 AM
hi

I am using Norton internet security.
since this morning HEM is not starting up anymore because norton says there is a Backdoor trojan detected. i tried installing the latest version from the signature but now it says

"an error occured on startup: could not load file or assembly deploylx.licensing.v3, version=3.1.2000.0, culture neutral" etc.

how do i fix this?

slatur

netsrak
10-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Which operating system are you using?
32 bit or 64 bit?

derechter
10-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Same here.

What happend here was that HM asked me to re-register since i was using a trial version. Ive been using HM for 1 one year now...

Norton could fix the BT problem and said it did. As i restarted HM the same problem occured nonetheless. I followed the steps Norton advised me to take to remove the trojan. Even in safe mode this did not solve the problem.

Updating HM made things worse. (i did not manually update with the latest patch) Now HM wouldn't start at all. I reinstalled HM. No solution. So i installed an older version of HM and everything is running ok. Norton now even seemed to be able to quarantaine the Backdoortrojan. It wasnt able to do this earlier, but despite the qurantaine, it keeps reporting the threath. I dont want to update HM before the problem is solved. But after reinstalling ive got the problem that HM project the table stats stats on every table but player stats on only on of them...(sigh) Ill have to work this out.

btw, im running on wondows vista 64bit but HM runs under a 32bit workenvironment.

slatur
10-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Which operating system are you using?
32 bit or 64 bit?

32bit

derechter
10-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Ive got it up and running!!! Maybe something for everyone here so here goes. It is a workaround so u still might wanna fix the problem itself.

IN NAV you have the option to exclude files from scanning AND auto protect. If u have trouble finding the files couse might be that the files you want to exclude are "hidden".

In the start menu under "help" you can type hidden an Windows offers u the solution how to make hidden files visable. Once u've done thins Norton is also able to see the files. Then go back to NAV and exlude the files c/ programfiles....etc/ xenocode/ etc. exlude the files from scanning aswell as autoprotection. From now on HM is running fine. The go back to the hidden files part and reset the original settings.

BUT; my question is now. IS this or IS THIS NOT a true trojan?

netsrak
10-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Its not, its a false alarm. You can delete all this apliancecachse/holdemmanager* folders if you are using Beta 40. We don't need them any longer.

slatur
10-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Its not, its a false alarm. You can delete all this apliancecachse/holdemmanager* folders if you are using Beta 40. We don't need them any longer.

im sorry i read his reply and i dont know how to fix this. would it be possible to set up a teamviewer sometime today so u can help me with this? im sorry but im pretty computer illiterate and cant really do this by myself

flavicolo
10-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Same problem here, and I dont know how to fix it :mad:

flavicolo
10-18-2009, 01:30 PM
I fixed it and work properly now, updating the program to the version 1.09 beta40

Thanks!

slatur
10-18-2009, 01:40 PM
nevermind i got it working now somehow :)

Rudyoc
10-18-2009, 05:08 PM
i had the same problem and i updated to the beta 40 and got it running but my i'm still having problems with my HUD.all the info does not display on the tables still, can anybody help me fix this problem?

CoachTooz
10-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Hey, I had the same problem through Norton. I updated to version 40 as recommended. That fixed the virus problem, however now I can't import any hands. I click "start auto import" and nothing happens. Doesn't say anything about not being able to find any files, it simply says "auto importing..." but doesn't import anything. Anyone have any ideas??

flavicolo
10-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Hey, I had the same problem through Norton. I updated to version 40 as recommended. That fixed the virus problem, however now I can't import any hands. I click "start auto import" and nothing happens. Doesn't say anything about not being able to find any files, it simply says "auto importing..." but doesn't import anything. Anyone have any ideas??

In which site r u playing? I play on PS and everything works properly.

CoachTooz
10-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Playing on Full Tilt

netsrak
10-19-2009, 03:25 AM
http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19671