PDA

View Full Version : EV in tourney

Master8
10-17-2009, 11:31 PM
In tourney, is it possible for the luck adjusted winnings line to be under the winnings line ?

fozzy71
10-18-2009, 01:30 AM
yes, that means you are getting 'unlucky'.

Master8
10-18-2009, 03:59 AM
I m a bit surprised. I thought that the luck adjusted winnings line shows the excepted winnings with average luck. So if it s above, it means you re unlucky isnt it ?
In any case I don t understand why this line is never and I mean never below the real line. I can t be that lucky or that unlucky !

Master8
10-18-2009, 09:03 AM
up

netsrak
10-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Some more informations: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7159

Which site are you playing?
Which HM version?

Master8
10-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Pokerstars, latest beta.
And for sure the red line above can t mean that I m lucky : I ve just been put out of a final table on a bad beat and the red line is going up ! :confused:
I will look at the thread but I think I ve already read it and an answer to my simple question would be appreciate :)

netsrak
10-19-2009, 03:21 AM
I'll forward it

Rvg72
10-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Hi, if the EV line is above then you are unlucky as you had originally thought.

The fact that you have always been under the red line isn't that odd unless you have 10K+ tourneys in which case it would be quite strange.

If you filter tourney results by month or week or something like that you will probably see that you have unlucky and lucky periods but with a cumulative lifetime graph sometimes you go through a period where the EV lines deviates quite a bit from the real line and it could take a long time to catch up

Roy

Rvg72
10-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Pokerstars, latest beta.
And for sure the red line above can t mean that I m lucky : I ve just been put out of a final table on a bad beat and the red line is going up ! :confused:
I will look at the thread but I think I ve already read it and an answer to my simple question would be appreciate :)

One more thing, $EV is only calculated on single table tourneys and 18 man SNG's. If you play a lot of MTT's then you will see that the line doesn't change in relation to the winnings line.

Roy

Master8
10-20-2009, 05:18 AM
Thank you for the answer.
I never play single table and I have ev result. I guess, HM takes result when you reach the final table or the semi final.