PDA

View Full Version : Hand Groupings: Excluding some hands

ACTIONFREAK
10-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Is there a way to exclude hands from a hand category somehow by editing HandCategories.txt? For example, Pocket Aces (Omaha) includes AAxx but I don't want it to include AAAx or AAAA.

ACTIONFREAK
10-18-2009, 12:17 AM
also what is the limitation on editing this HandCategories.txt file? Sometimes it works and sometimes I get this popup when I go to the cash games tab to try to run the hand groupings report.

The following error occurred when running this report: ERROR: 42601: syntax error at or near ")"

fozzy71
10-18-2009, 01:06 AM
I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

ACTIONFREAK
12-01-2009, 12:07 AM
bump

netsrak
12-01-2009, 04:16 AM
I'll forward it again

Rvg72
12-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Is there a way to exclude hands from a hand category somehow by editing HandCategories.txt? For example, Pocket Aces (Omaha) includes AAxx but I don't want it to include AAAx or AAAA.

HI, it shouldn't include AAAx or AAAA right now. Each hand is evaluated in order in the list. So if you want to exclude one of them from a current category then create a new category with that hand above it in the list and that should work for you

Roy

Rvg72
12-01-2009, 12:25 PM
also what is the limitation on editing this HandCategories.txt file? Sometimes it works and sometimes I get this popup when I go to the cash games tab to try to run the hand groupings report.

The following error occurred when running this report: ERROR: 42601: syntax error at or near ")"

Could you send me your handcategories file to support@holdemmanager.net and I can see what went wrong

Thanks,
Roy

ACTIONFREAK
12-02-2009, 01:16 AM
HI, it shouldn't include AAAx or AAAA right now. Each hand is evaluated in order in the list. So if you want to exclude one of them from a current category then create a new category with that hand above it in the list and that should work for you

Roy

Wow.. this explains a lot. I didn't realize that the row order was significant. Maybe my issue is because I edited High Pair Wraps to include some AA,KK,QQ hands but High Pair Wraps are under AAxx, KKxx, and QQxx. I moved AAxx, KKxx, and QQxx down and now the problem is gone. I will keep the more specific hands at the top from now on.

ACTIONFREAK
12-02-2009, 01:25 AM
When we get to the JJxx category, this category will include all JJxx hands that aren't in any of the the other categories so we are left with just the weak jacks.. is that correct?

Rvg72
12-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Hi, this is fixed in the 1.10 Beta which will be out by Sunday night

* Fixed some issues related to customizing the handcategories.txt file. Previously if a hand matched two groupings or if a grouping had no hands an error would occur