PDA

View Full Version : H2 installed in f: but postgress in c:

newfie
02-24-2012, 07:29 PM
i just bought a new SSD drive and want to have both programs run/used in my new f: drive but when i install both through H2. h2 installs in the f: while postgres installs in c:(my operating drive(windows)). I tried to install 1 at a time but h2 goes to f: and postrgess still goes to c:

Any ideas? im going to try and download postgres from there website and see if that works. Hopefully if it does H2 will automaticly work with it(not sure if they have to be downloaded and installed from Holdem Manager web page).

THX

newfie
02-24-2012, 07:48 PM
ok so downloaded from postgres site. installed on my f: drive. i had an error while installing it but didnt take a screen shot of it.

opend up H2 tried to run it but got this error.

so now im assuming postgres has to be run with windows on my c: drive??????????

if so i still want to have all my hands saved/archived onto my f: drive. how can i do this.

Should i uninstall both again start from scratch. And then change my "saved hands" to the f: drive?????????

newfie
02-24-2012, 10:17 PM
ok so got H2 and postgress working together. now my hands are not being archived into my archived folder f:HM2Archive. they seem to be stuck in my pokerstars folder. i have my hand histories set to save and set up how many days to 99999.

So there just chilling there right now.

Same thing when i tried to import an old month of playing the hands are tracked but i dont see them in the folder i have set up f:HM2Archive

newfie
02-25-2012, 01:03 AM
ok now i have my hands i have played today being archived into the new folder. but i still dont know where all my old hands are going. Are they suppose to go into the H2Archive folder?? i have about 10mil hands i need to transfer in and not sure if they need/have to go into the H2Archive folder. I do need access to them so i can breakdown some vilians games. also do want them saved on my new hard drive as it is a SSD and will hold my big database.

edit: importing 2mil hands now coming in over 500 a sec but there not showing up in my H2Archive drive(where they going?)
cliffs
f: drive is my SSD- i have H2 installed, i have copied all my purchased unzipped hands hands there.
c: has windows and postgrs installed( i had to go into regedit and change the pathway to save hands into the f: ). This is also a ssd drive but is 2 small for all my hands
importing 2 mil hands(not sure where there going)hopefully not back into my c:

so really for now just need to know where these hands are going. would like to have a nice breakdown by year month day like they show up when archiving is working. Maybe it will not show up this way with purchased hands. let me know

Gacil
02-25-2012, 08:51 AM
I see you have another thread with related db issues. It might be best to try and restrict it to one thread going forward. With your SSD space being valuable I would not have the archive directory on your SSD, put it on your normal HDD. HM2 doesn't need access to it once the hands have been loaded into the database, but you might if you want to reimport the hands in the future.

Here is the link to your other thread, http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/193831-1-vilian-database.html

and a similar thread on the same topic http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/184751-space-issue.html

newfie
02-25-2012, 09:49 AM
yes that was with HEM 1 but since i bought H2 i have deleted HEM 1. also 2nd thread is not me lol.

so like i said everything is working now and im still going to save my hands on the 2nd SSD drive as so far it does seem to work really fast(might not matter like you said but i have a hell of a 2 weeks were HEM1 was not working at all so i bought the 3rd hard drive for hands only.)

so all i want to know now is where do my imported hands go that i have purchased?? i imported 2mil hands last night working great but not sure where they are stored.

so right now im going to reimport my database and see what drives lose space. here is a screen shot of my setup

summery of drives
C:(SSD) windows + postgres
D:(REG) stored media plus all my hands i have bought and my database backed up
f:(SSD) H2 plus i copied all my hands and database there but have only imported 2mill of them.

so starting to reimport all now. the reason for the 2nd SSD drive was because it was taking up to 45 min to load a players stats up i assumed because all my hands were on a reg drive(maybe it was something else). we will see after i load the next 10mil hands in and see the speed.

hopefully its fine.

DogNamedBluff
02-26-2012, 08:32 AM
so all i want to know now is where do my imported hands go that i have purchased?? i imported 2mil hands last night working great but not sure where they are stored.
HM2 = c:\HM2 ARCHIVE
HM1 = c:\HM ARCHIVE

newfie
02-26-2012, 09:56 AM
ok have it figured out. I did know that the hands i currently play end up in
HM@ = f:\HM2Archive

Just couldnt find out where my purchased hands were going. after all my hands are now installed my biggest folder is the "base" folder in PostgreSQL\8.4\data\base. Just going to assume thats where they are.

just ran some filters while looking at a vilian. Everything seems real fast. This is the best its ever run. so hopefully everything is good now. THX all.