PDA

View Full Version : HM2 :No report displayed in cash or tournament tab

MadMax
02-23-2012, 03:46 AM
I can not see any report at all since yesterday evening.
I'm using HM2 2.0.0.6903 every day since a few weeks and everything was working fine.
You can see the screnshot here :
HM2noreportdisplayed - HostingPics.net - Hbergement d'images gratuit (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=215401HM2noreportdisplayed.jpg)

The selected player is existing (i can change but it does not change anything).
In tournament mode, i can not see any report too.
In Active session, i can see all my hands / per session
My hands are loaded (i can see the quick message appearing if i click on clear filters)
My filters are cleared.
The refresh (near the filters) does not change anything
I started HM2 with the admin right (right button of the mouse)
If i filter on "today": it says : "no result found : clear your filter ?" (it is ok ! i did not play yet today).
But now it is displayed "ready" at the bottom left hand side of the screen.

It appears yesterday evening.
I'm on Windows 7.
I rebooted my pc since then (twice) but it did not change anything;

Please help ;)

MadMax
02-23-2012, 04:46 AM
I played a few hands this morning but the problem is still the same.
The "active session" tab is working well. I can see my hands.

I got an error message about a framework issue since 2 weeks but HM2 is still working.
And i got this message this morning after playing my hands.

Can this be linked ?

Patvs
02-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.
Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

MadMax
02-24-2012, 04:19 AM
Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?
Windows firewall.
No anti-virus

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.
Done.
it as already done for HM2 before but i added HUD

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.
ok, added.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.
NetFramework 4.0 updated

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)
Done.

+ reboot at the end.

=> test again HM2 : Still the same bug.

I also tried to create a new database and import hands from january (which where working).
Still the same bug (i can see the HH in active session but can not see any report liek on the screenshot).

Any other idea ?

DogNamedBluff
02-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Please close HM2 and delete the REPORTS folder in:

7: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
You must show both hidden files and check unhide system files. See this: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
For showing hidden files and unhide system files, see this: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

Then reinstall the latest version of HM2 v.6309

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Setup.exe

MadMax
02-24-2012, 12:08 PM
ok i will try ! (i will move the directories elsewhere instaed of deleting them)

Do i have to backup my database ? (i will do this anyway).

Do i have to save my hud config or anything else before
Before re-installing, i have to uninstall or just install above the existing software ?

MadMax
02-25-2012, 05:26 AM
I tested your solution.
Still not working.
Repors directory has been recreated.
I checked it and see that only the bystakeposition report was updated (the date).
So in the interface, i disabled this reports from my reports displayed (5 or 6).
And now, HM2 is crushing everytime i tried to enter in reports.
It displays the graph reports but it crashes on the ByFullRingposition Report (i mean the fullringpositions report si selected in the tab but the display is the beginning of the graph report .... but without data).
A popup raised, suggesting me to send the error log. I've done it.
Do you have access to this log ?
Do you need it by pm ?

Any other idea that i can test ?

Gacil
02-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Sorry for the problems you are experiencing and the delay in replying.

Yes if you can PM your email address that you used when submitting the log, or email that info to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread. That will enable us to tie up your details and get this issue investigated and sorted for you.

MadMax
02-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Done.
I emailed everything to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

Thank you.

MadMax
02-26-2012, 07:09 PM
The support answered me by email
They ask to check my culture settings, and check if it matches the value with the windows one.

It is strange because it was empty in HM2.
I set it to french (in the config file, it is written "fr").
But what is strange is that the value in the config file was "fr-FR" before i reinstalled HM2 (i kept the config file to be able to compare).

I performed also more tests on the reports.
I can make the cash results graph report works ... but only if it is the only selected report !
Any other report selected alone display a black frame (like my original screenshot, see above)
More reports displayed a black frame also.
BUT, the graph report + another report makes HM2 crashes

It is the same for the tournament tab.
The winnings (graph) reports is working ... but only alone.
It makes HM2 crash when used with another reports (and others reports alone make HM2 display a black frame, without crashing).

Waiting for the suport answer but if you have any idea about the culture value ... it may help (or not ! lol)

DogNamedBluff
02-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Please reproduce the crash, close HM2 and attach the log file here. To attach the log, click Reply > Go Advanced.

Where is my log file?

XP: c:\documents and settings\{username}\application data\HoldemManager

Win7/Vista: c:\users\{username}\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager

Enable the option to see Hidden Files and Disable 'Hide protected operating system files': How to see hidden files in Windows - It should look like this: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg

Thank you.

MadMax
02-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Here is the log file just after reproducing the bug.
Then i closed HM2 without having send the log file with the popup.
Then i got the log.txt file.

I got a crash when i display the "cash results graph" report with another kind of report.

In tournament, i can display 3 reports that are graphs without any crash.
If i added only one report that is not a graph : it crahses HM2.
If i display a graph (or several) that is not a graph ... but without having selected the graph report, then it does not crash but it displays a black frame (empty frame) instead of the reports.(the menu is still available).
I can see my hands in the tab "active session".

Hope it helps.

Patvs
02-29-2012, 01:36 AM
Update to:

HM2

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/196471-hm-2-0-0-6380-internal-release.html#post969921

As a test, set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States) and change the regional settings to English in HM2.

MadMax
02-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Thank you for this new release.
After upgrading, i performed the following tests :
- windows regional settings to english (us) + HM2 regional settings english => same bug. Then I close HM2 + relaunch => it works ! (so it means HM2 regional settings is not updated in real time but we have to close/relaunch HM2).
- set again HM2 regional settings to french (close + relaunch) : stil the bug
- set windows in french + HM2 in english (close + relaunch) : it works !

So it means that the bug is in HM2. I can stay in french on my computer, which is a good news.
I have not enough time this evening.
I will test tomorrow morning if this tips works with the previous version of HM2, if you are interested.

I'm also available if you need that i perform other tests (if not too long).
Let me know.

Thank you for your efforts to find a solution ! you have a Great support team !