PDA

View Full Version : Norton Blocking me

Roger60
10-16-2009, 04:27 PM
I must have gotten a Norton update as it has blocked my HUD saying it is a "back door Trojan". There must be a way to tell it the program is fine but I cant figure it out.
I get this message from HM "Error launching the hud: The Parameter is incorrect", and Norton tells me it has blocked it.

Please Help!

fozzy71
10-16-2009, 07:11 PM
1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, from the link in my signature, with another browser if possible.
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.
3) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.
4) Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder

Leeco
10-17-2009, 04:29 AM
1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, from the link in my signature, with another browser if possible.

I have the exact same problem and I have followed these instructions and now get a security risk found report from Norton and is says I should delete HoldemManager.exe as it isnt safe

netsrak
10-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Go to the \users\your name\appdata\local\xenocode folder specified (or sth. similar or search for xenocode) and delete all files you see

1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta 40 update again, from the link in my signature, with another browser if possible.

Please try deleting the xenocode first.

Leeco
10-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Please try deleting the xenocode first.

I do not have that path, but when I find the folder Xenocode, there are then several sub folders below that item. I have emailed the path norton is throwing up as causing an issue to Fabio@holdemmanager.

Can you please detail specifically which folders and files should be deleted before following the instructions above again?

Thanks

netsrak
10-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Delete all subfolders of xenocode with holdemmanager in the name. We don't need them any longer.

finicke
10-17-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm having the same issues, I am not understanding am I uninstaling my holdem manager and reinstaling? I cannot find xenocode, I'm really lost...HELP.

Thanks!

fozzy71
10-17-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm having the same issues, I am not understanding am I uninstaling my holdem manager and reinstaling? I cannot find xenocode, I'm really lost...HELP.

Thanks!

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

restart your PC

If you still have problems please tell me what problems specifically, or post a screen shot. You may need to delete any leftover \xenocode\appliance cache files.

Vista they would be under \users\username\appdata\local\xenocode\appliance cache

XP they are probably under \documents and settings\username\local settings\application data\xenocode\appliance cache

fabio
10-17-2009, 01:00 PM
If you can't see the folder, enable "show hidden files and folders" under Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View

restless_native
10-18-2009, 07:49 PM
I had the same problem.

I've installed the update and removed all of the xenocode.

Holdem Manager will now launch. But, there is no HUD on the tables. I haven't changed any settings and on the import page it is showing that the data is being collected after each hand.

Any ideas?

restless_native
10-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Just noticed you'd want this info.

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

1.09 beta 40

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and which gametype and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?

Full Tilt. Full ring cash

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?

Yes

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?

Yes

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?

Yes

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?

Yes

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?

Unable to as I don't subscribe

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?

Yes

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?

Yes

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?

Yes

fozzy71
10-18-2009, 09:57 PM
You need to reconfigure your auto import folder and archive folders. The xenocode issue has corrupted your holdemmanager.config file and possibly your HUD prefs.xml file also.

<setting name="AutoImportFolderList">
</setting>
<setting name="LastArchiveFolder"></setting>

Search our faq's for your site, and follow the setup guide to reconfigure the auto import folders.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx

restless_native
10-18-2009, 10:54 PM
I have reconfigured the auto import and archive folders.

The data is being collected as I can see it on the cash game tab in the session history as I play. It's just not displaying HUDS on the tables.

netsrak
10-19-2009, 03:42 AM
http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19672