PDA

View Full Version : Database problems

Speedymalefi
10-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi,

I've bought Hold'em Manager and installed it. I had postgresSQL 8.3 from another trial I tried long ago. So I deleted it and installed it following the install guide. But while installing, it said a database was already installed, so I didn't initialise a new database cluster. When starting up Hold'em Manager a pop up appeared: 'A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Hold'em Manager attempt to start the server?'
When clicking yes, it didn't work. I already tried many stuff from FAQ: deleting PostgreSQL following FAQ, reinstalling, trying to activate service,... Nothing worked.
I don't know what to do anymore.

I'd like to know how to delete the old database, delete PostgreSQL correctly and then have a clean start and install PostgreSQL following the guide and initializing a new database.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

netsrak
10-16-2009, 09:10 AM
1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
3) run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install PostgreSQL again

Speedymalefi
10-16-2009, 09:28 AM
I already did that, but it doesn't work. The database seems not to be deleted and I have the same problems...
How can I also delete the database and have a clean start to install PostgreSQL and the databasecluster?

netsrak
10-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Its step 2. Navigate to the postgresql installation folder (Usually c:\program files\postgresql) and delete all files in there.