PDA

View Full Version : HM2 Database missing

nota_bene
02-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi there.

I accidentally hit create new database on start up. My old one seems to have disappeared. I also occasionally get a microsoft.net exception which is somewhat irritating and it doesn't connect to the database without me having to manually start the service.

I went into the HM2 database folder in C and it is only the archive i played on stars. I am now on another site too but the 500 hands I played yesterday are now not appearing. Where Can I find the old database? It is not appearing in the old databases tab either.

Many thanks

DogNamedBluff
02-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Have you looked in the HM2 Database Manager?

nota_bene
02-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Yes, of course. There is only the new DB I created. I just called it HoldemManager21 as I though I would just delete it after restarting HEM and reselecting my previous DB "HoldemManager2" as is preset but when I went back in it had dissappeared.

nota_bene
02-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Right I deleted the postmaster.pid and reinstalled HM2. It now starts up like a charm.

Unfortunately my DB is still nowhere to be seen. It is not the end of the world as it was small but obviously I would rather retrieve it and import the hands to the one I am currently running or vice versa. Any thoughts?

nota_bene
02-22-2012, 07:08 PM
OK, After some more fiddling and a re install of both HM2 and postgres it starts up fine without having to delete .pid file. I uninstalled my Norton and that made it work. However, I still cannot find my old hands, though they came up earlier once, and then disappeared again. They therefore must be here somewhere... Any thoughts as to where? When they did come up I copied all in "Graphed hands" and exported to desktop. When I imported the folder on the fresh working install it reverted back to the 600 hands i played yesterday, and not the hands I had played before that too as it was when I exported.

Please help.

fozzy71
02-23-2012, 08:34 PM
All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

If they aren't in that folder for some reason you can email support at your poker site and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney histories/results. Not all sites will send you hands, or they will send them to you in a different format than original that we dont support, but it's worth a try.