PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL Trouble "Failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1"

dasen
02-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Hello, I'm having problems with PostgreSQL,I cannot enter my HEM,it gives me the
message "The
following error occurred when trying to open the database :Failed to establish
connection to
127.0.0.1"...Then a pop-up window appears "Holdem manager needs to know where
to find the
database.Please enter in the details below and click on connect" I click connect
but it says that
the connection could not be made.I looked at the FAQ,but have not been able to find
anything that
would help me,I did not install any new anti-virus programs from the last time I used
it,which was
yestarday,so I dont understand what has happend to PostgreSQL. I deleted
Postmaster.pid file,no
help.I Restarted PostgreSQL service & Reboot it too,no help.I shut down my
firewall(zone alarm) and
anti-virus program(avira antivir personal) and tryed to connect to the PostgreSQL,no
help.In the
firewall settings I gave Postgresql all accessibility options.I tried re-instaling
postgresql-8.4.10-1 but it wouldn't take the "postgrespass" as a
password...I'm thinking about
re-instaling the whole thing with the Combo instaler,but that looks like a lot of to
do :)and maybee even that would not help...please
help..

dasen
02-21-2012, 08:19 PM
I even de-instaled anti virus,and firewall program,but no help there either.

brad
02-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm having the same problem. Same error message. No idea what to do and have been waiting a fair while for substantial help from HEM support staff via e-mail. Did get told to update my HEM (I'm on HEM1 by the way), which I did, but it made no difference and I had run an update about a month ago anyway. Looked for this postmaster.pid thingy and couldn't find it, so I certainly couldn't delete it! Maybe it's already not there. It's not my Anti-Virus software which is the problem as far as I'm aware - I tried to run HEM without AVG running and it made no difference. Tried to 'stop server' and 'start server', as well as 'reload server' and 'restart server'. Nothing helped there. Even tried to good ol' 'turn you laptop off and on again' technique!!

I don't want to re-install the whole thing with Combo Installer because it takes forever to set it all up, as when I initiated that it told me that I would lose saved setting, so obviously I cancelled that.

I'd rather a quick fix and without that this whole thing is proving to be an absolute nightmare. Any help would be much appreciated.

dasen
02-22-2012, 10:34 AM
ups this should be in HM1 topic..you can move it there admin..

sideshow
02-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Hello, I'm having problems with PostgreSQL,I cannot enter my HEM,it gives me the
message "The
following error occurred when trying to open the database :Failed to establish
connection to
127.0.0.1"...Then a pop-up window appears "Holdem manager needs to know where
to find the
database.Please enter in the details below and click on connect" I click connect
but it says that
the connection could not be made.I looked at the FAQ,but have not been able to find
anything that
would help me,I did not install any new anti-virus programs from the last time I used
it,which was
yestarday,so I dont understand what has happend to PostgreSQL. I deleted
Postmaster.pid file,no
help.I Restarted PostgreSQL service & Reboot it too,no help.I shut down my
firewall(zone alarm) and
anti-virus program(avira antivir personal) and tryed to connect to the PostgreSQL,no
help.In the
firewall settings I gave Postgresql all accessibility options.I tried re-instaling
postgresql-8.4.10-1 but it wouldn't take the "postgrespass" as a
password...I'm thinking about
re-instaling the whole thing with the Combo instaler,but that looks like a lot of to
do :)and maybee even that would not help...please
help..

I'm having the same problem. Same error message. No idea what to do and have been waiting a fair while for substantial help from HEM support staff via e-mail. Did get told to update my HEM (I'm on HEM1 by the way), which I did, but it made no difference and I had run an update about a month ago anyway. Looked for this postmaster.pid thingy and couldn't find it, so I certainly couldn't delete it! Maybe it's already not there. It's not my Anti-Virus software which is the problem as far as I'm aware - I tried to run HEM without AVG running and it made no difference. Tried to 'stop server' and 'start server', as well as 'reload server' and 'restart server'. Nothing helped there. Even tried to good ol' 'turn you laptop off and on again' technique!!

I don't want to re-install the whole thing with Combo Installer because it takes forever to set it all up, as when I initiated that it told me that I would lose saved setting, so obviously I cancelled that.

I'd rather a quick fix and without that this whole thing is proving to be an absolute nightmare. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems, If you haven't done so already can you please try the following

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue and the following guide will help you to fix this problem.

Go to Start > Programs (or all programs) > PostgreSQL 8.x > choose Stop Service

Start > Programs (or all programs) > PostgreSQL 8.x and choose Start Service. This may take some time and a black dos window may appear while it’s starting. If it fails to start delete the C:\Program Files\postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. Do not delete any other files

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily – http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...ender+Problems - Windows Firewall / Defender Problems

If none of those worked Please reboot and try following these FAQs, step by step:

1)http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...rt+PostgreSQL+ Can’t Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL
2)Reinstall the same version of postgresql, using the same \data folder – http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...abaseReinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database

Failing that you will probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely and reimport your archived hands using these instructions. Once you do this you won’t have access to the hands in the old database but since you can’t connect to the database your already in that situation. In the case it’s not possible to reconnect you can either contact the PostgreSQL forums who may be able to help with advanced connection issues or you can reinstall. I’ve listed 3 PostgreSQL forums below
PostgreSQL Help Forums
http://old.nabble.com/PostgreSQL-f759.html
PostgreSQL - dBforums

1)Uninstall PostgreSQL via Control Panel > Programs & Features (Add/Remove Programs on XP).
2)Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. Hold'Em Manager Poker Software - Poker Tracking and Analysis Software (http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ager_Setup.exe)

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer and is required to be running to install PostgreSQL. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:

net user postgres /delete

Try installing this version of PostgreSQL – Hold'Em Manager Poker Software - Poker Tracking and Analysis Software (http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/Pos...3.9-v1.0.7.exe)
If that also fails Please follow step A again and try this version
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/down...l-8.2.21-1.zip

If you are still having issues can you please email support@holdemmanager.com to arrange a team viewer session to resolve the issue can you also link to this thread.

Thanks

dasen
02-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah I tryed every one of those steps,even tryed to go back to the older version of PostgresSQL,and with that one I manged to enter into the HEM but could not see my history(hand history or player history).Then I tryed to copy the folder data from 8.4 to 8.3 but that led to a fatal error,so don't do that :) Later I re-enterd HEM using the 8.3 version and did a backup to save at least my HUD configurations,seating arrangements and import folders and configurations of all that,and hopefully notes on players(I don't know where are they saved),and went for the combo installer,and now I'm importing hands into the HEM,only 6 hours to go :D yeah from now on I'm making a back-up once a month...and whats the worse thing I have no idea why this happend..