PDA

View Full Version : Hem is so dumb

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Ok, I"m sorry, but I am unbelievably frustrated with this product. Every SINGLE MONTH I have at least one day I have to spend 8 hours to fix this thing. Now it cant connect to postgres and I tried following a thread (http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8261, and http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171) on here to fix it but it didnt work. And at the end of the OP it just says I"m sh*t out of luck if it doesn't work! WTF!

PLUS why am i responsible for following a 12 part thread on how to fix database connectivity? WHY THE HELL IS THIS FORUM FILLED WITH USERS HAVING ISSUES WITH YOUR PRODUCT? WHY THE HELL CAN"T YOU GUYS JUST MAKE A PATCH TO FIX ALL THESE IDIOTIC PROBLEMS? I AM SO MAD AT THIS DUMB PRODUCT AND HOW MANY HOURS OF MY LIFE I WASTE TRYING TO FIX IT. IN THE END I ALWAYS END UP DOING A FULL REINSTALL AND LOSE ALL MY F-ING DATABASE INFO! I NEED SOME DAMN HELP OR YOU GUYS NEED TO MAKE PATCHES!

Rvg72
10-15-2009, 10:20 PM
These steps fix almost all postgresql issues - unfortunately with the nature of these problems and the fact that they are usually caused by your firewall / anti virus / windows, Holdem Manager can't auto fix them

Hi, most postgresql problems can be solved by doing this:

first reboot and then

1) Open up control panel
2) Double click on Administrative Tools
3) Double click on Services
4) Find the postgresql service in the list then right click and press "Stop" and once it is stopped press “Start”

If it gives an error then check event viewer also in Administrative Tools and find Application and look for a postgres error. If the details mention a bogus postmaster.pid then delete the C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file and try the instructions again.

If you still get this problem then it is almost always due to anti virus / firewall / spyware software getting in the way of the connection between HM and the database

Holdem Manager

*** Try our new registration system at http://www.holdemmanager.net/registration This site will help ensure you don't lose your serial codes and allows you to reset your code whenever you need to ***

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 10:27 PM
wow big surprise, that didnt fix or help anything.... Am I going to have to do a FULL REINSTALL again?

bestmidwest
10-15-2009, 10:42 PM
I couldn't help but to notice this. I know I don't have many posts, but I have lurked here for a while and used HEM for a long time. The way you are going about this is so rude and you should be ashamed of yourself! HEM is a great product! Please treat others as you wish to be treated!

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Dude, this product is ridiculous. I really don't see how SO many people can have so many issues with the same product without that product being SEVERELY FLAWED. I have done a complete uninstall reinstall like 3 times and it's so ridic that I have to spend hours upon hours finding ways to get around HEM not starting. I play poker for a living, every minute I'm not at the tables means I'm losing $40 an hour. So mind your own goddamn business.

Lunatic973
10-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey moron, I guess cars aren't a very good product either, I have had to take my brand new truck to the dealer 10 times in one year. Then they tell me they don't have a fix for my problem yet. I paid 30K for it. Guess what else, the waiting room was full of people. Guess they make a shit product too, you drive one? Or you walk because you don't want the headache of maintence?

Also if you do research you will find that if you backed up your data base on a regular basis, you wouldn't have to worry about it. My computer got a trojan and I had to reformat the entire hard drive. The hands are not stored on your computer so they wouldn't be lost anyway.

End rant.

I'll admit it wasn't the easiest thing in the world to get going again, but that was because I updated PostgreSQL when I reinstalled, and had to go back to the other version. Everyone on here helped me through it....they didn't come to my house and do it for me, but they lead me in the right direction.

Sorry mods, you can remove this post if you want, but this guy's a dick. His mom must hold his hand everywhere he goes. Do some research, ask some questions politely, and you'll have it fixed before you know it!

bestmidwest
10-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Dude-sorry.....you just got it a month ago? but you play poker for a living? I would hate to see how you handle variance.....sorry about your problems. HEM is a great product, with great people helping the customers. It will come around I promise!

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 11:15 PM
no i have had it for months, but every month I have at least one problem with the software and I lose 1-2 full days of grinding (about $400), which is a lot for a 24 year old guy. But its not the money that pisses me off, its that the first few times I was just like ok whatever i'll go on the forum and fix it and it always caused me a big headache. It just seems like all the support does is point you towards anit virus software, and i just turn mine off so that cant be my issue. I'm just sick of getting pissed off at a poker software because it gives me a goddamn headache and wastes a perfectly good day. Like I said there are a ton of people with issues with HEM just like me, if you are lucky enough to not have the same issues then great, but myself and others have to spend HOURS fixing this dumb thing all the time, so stfu.

Lunatic973
10-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Well if you're such a good grinder, then the software being down shouldn't hurt you that much....:p

I've had problems too, so have most people on here, it's called do some research, try and fix it, and hell you might even do it. But you'd rather spend half the night on here complaining about it. Makes sense to me. :confused:

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Hey moron, I guess cars aren't a very good product either, I have had to take my brand new truck to the dealer 10 times in one year. Then they tell me they don't have a fix for my problem yet. I paid 30K for it. Guess what else, the waiting room was full of people. Guess they make a shit product too, you drive one? Or you walk because you don't want the headache of maintence?

Well you are a goddamn idiot, my car goes in 3 times a year for regular service, but i drive a subaru sti and not some POS american truck. It's not that "Cars" are in general a bad product, its the brand that you bought that is a SH*T. I don't get a headache from maintenance because with GOOD CARS you dont need much. And i have never waited in line at the dealership either, just fyi.

btw you sound like a HUGE DUMBASS, which is not great when you are trying to sound smarter than the person you are attacking.

Lunatic973
10-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Didn't realize I was attacking anyone....Wow, you don't wait in line, guess you're the man! :) I wish I could be more like you.

BTW, does it make more of a dumbass since you put "HUGE DUMBASS", is that more than just "huge dumbass".....I'm really curious...honestly

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Well if you're such a good grinder, then the software being down shouldn't hurt you that much....:p

I've had problems too, so have most people on here, it's called do some research, try and fix it, and hell you might even do it. But you'd rather spend half the night on here complaining about it. Makes sense to me. :confused:

Because HUDS enable me to make better decisions, you idiot. LIKE I ALREADY SAID, i have had problems before, and I have fixed them. It's the fact that every month there is a new issue that pisses me off. I already wasted a day trying to follow 2 threads advice on here and they both didnt work, now I did a full uninstall and reinstall and of course it works again. but I dont want to have to do this every month becuase it takes 2 hours to reload my HH's. I'm pissed becuase this happens to often, products are not perfect, but this one needs attention FAR TOO MUCH.

Lunatic973
10-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Well if you're having a problem every month it's not normal, which is obvious you're not norma, but no one is on here every month complaining of problems. You make no changes to computer, nothing, you just wake up one day and all of sudden HEM doesn't work? :rolleyes:

Well obviously since you're such a successful grinder :rolleyes: just go and buy PT3, and your problems are solved. It would be worth the money, since HEM is costing you so much. And you're bragging on your intelligence. :rolleyes:

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Didn't realize I was attacking anyone....Wow, you don't wait in line, guess you're the man! :) I wish I could be more like you.

BTW, does it make more of a dumbass since you put "HUGE DUMBASS", is that more than just "huge dumbass".....I'm really curious...honestly

lol you went back to edit and add in that second line. get a life you loser.

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 11:27 PM
You make no changes to computer, nothing, you just wake up one day and all of sudden HEM doesn't work? :rolleyes:

YES. used it last night, went to bed, woke up turned it on, cant connect.

Lunatic973
10-15-2009, 11:28 PM
BTW, why aren't you still here instead of grinding away at the fish?

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 11:29 PM
because you keep asking me questions and I am replying to them....

Lunatic973
10-15-2009, 11:29 PM
YES. used it last night, went to bed, woke up turned it on, cant connect.

DId you happen to read the 40 page thread of other people that can't connect without making exceptions in their antivirus software? Seek and ye shall find. This is the first time in 6 months I've had a problem w/ this software that didn't involve me changing things on my computer.

Lunatic973
10-15-2009, 11:30 PM
because you keep asking me questions and I am replying to them....

ROTFLMFAO

That was funny.

Lunatic973
10-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Did you download and update to the latest beta 40 yet?

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 11:31 PM
And because HEM takes 2 hours to input all my HH's. btw, I sharkscoped you, looks like youre one of the fish....

$1 total profit over 364 games, good job man looks like this software really helps your game.

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 11:33 PM
DId you happen to read the 40 page thread of other people that can't connect without making exceptions in their antivirus software? Seek and ye shall find. This is the first time in 6 months I've had a problem w/ this software that didn't involve me changing things on my computer.

already said i did this

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 11:35 PM
ok well it was nice bickering with you all this time. like i said, It works for me and I'm back to making $40 an hour sitting in my room 20 tabling $27 9man turbos. gl playing poker wasting hours upon hours of time to just make $1 profit.

Lunatic973
10-15-2009, 11:38 PM
ok well it was nice bickering with you all this time. like i said, It works for me and I'm back to making $40 an hour sitting in my room 20 tabling $27 9man turbos. gl playing poker wasting hours upon hours of time to just make $1 profit.

WOW sharkscope, you got all the details on my cash game....idiots think those sites tell you something. Just the fact that you go there tells me you're a fish....So good but you have to check your opponents on a website? LMFAO

$40 an hour, hope you don't spend that all in one place. Those sites don't even have 1/10 of the hands on players. I've got over 150,000 cash hands and they show like 15k on there. Good researchin....george

Lunatic973
10-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Noticed you didn't offer up your screen name....lol, hold on run a good one then send that one.

Lunatic973
10-15-2009, 11:43 PM
It's always the guys who have to tell you how good they are that you don't have to worry about.

Just today guy got mad at me and said he's going to bust me and make me leave the table with his solid poker skills. 3 Buy ins later he left without saying bye.....

alloyd709
10-15-2009, 11:58 PM
oh my god shut up i cant listen to anyone who thinks they are good when their avg buyin s 2 dollars. ask any PRO Sharkscope is legit

Lunatic973
10-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Sharkscope doesn't tell you shit about cash games moron. I only play SNG's to screw around. Anyway big shark, I'm not the one braggin on my poker skills. That was you big daddy. You da man! Still waiting for that screen name though. And nothing so far.....wait......no nothing yet :rolleyes:

Lunatic973
10-16-2009, 12:00 AM
What happened anyway, thought you had $ to go make? Already bust out of your 82 SNG's?

Lunatic973
10-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Give me that screen name so I can come and learn from the pro. Let me sit at your rail while you bust some fish....O GREAT ONE!

Lunatic973
10-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Mr. big balls can't seem to give out that screen name...:rolleyes:

alloyd709
10-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Wow you are a huge loser. Stop posting in this thread and work on improving on your dollar total profit. I don't use my stars name as my handle on this for a reason, and I'm not about to give it out after badmouthing this software so much. I'm not lying about how much I make, but you haven't even mentioned if you even make a profit. I don't know any poker winner who plays micro stakes ANYTHING for fun as you claim to, probably because you're not a winner in poker. Those 364 micro sngs you play "for fun" would be 100s of hours wasted. So I find it hard to believe that would be a fun way to spend hours and hours of your life. The fact that you can't even beat these micro stakes sngs is a whole other issue.......

Basically you are a loser who is trolling my thread, AND you don't make any money from poker. I'm not replying to your stupid comments anymore because its a waste of time to talk to someone on a pokersite who has made $1 total profit lifetime. Later idiot.

fozzy71
10-16-2009, 03:16 AM
OP, Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.