PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Manhat10ite
10-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I downloaded and paid for HEM about a year ago, maybe more. I never really used it and continued to use PT3. I want to convert from PT3 to HEM. I have about 1.5 million hands in my PT3 data base. I also have all the hands saved in a separate file. Am I better off importing the hands directly or from PT3. About how long will the process take to get all my hands?

I am using an edition 1.06.03h, I assume this is very out of date.

I just opened it for the first time in a long time and it imported something when I hit "start import"

Am I better off starting from scratch? The HUD didn't come up, but I am running PT3 also, probably a bad idea.

fozzy71
10-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

I would import the original hands from any archives you have and the PT3 \Processed Files folder. You can also export from PT3 and import those, to be thorough.

The speed of the import depends on your machine. It might take 8 hours, or it might take 28 hours. My PC gets about 100 h/s, but that would slow down during a 1.5 mil hand import. You can organize your archives into a few smaller groups of folders, and set it up to import while you sleep.

I would definitely turn off logging and delete any log files in \postgresql\8.x\data\pg_log

Logging:

I would suggest you turn off logging on your new SQL installation as well as these other performance improvements - Top 10: HEM performance increase tips

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL for someone.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = off # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.

Manhat10ite
10-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestion of splitting up the HHs and do sections at a time.

I seem to have a problem when I downloaded the update and installed it, I no longer seem to be registered. :( Any help on that one would be great. I am being asked for a serial number and haven't changed the computer.

Manhat10ite
10-15-2009, 08:02 PM
I bought this forever ago. The old version I had no problem with in terms of registrations. Now I can't get into this copy, have no idea what name I used to register although I would have assumed it was Manhat10ite since I use that on all poker sites. However that isn't working either. I am pretty sure I would have used Paypal to pay for it with the email gs1901@aol.com.

fozzy71
10-15-2009, 08:19 PM
*Please try creating a new account on and using our registration system to register your current/new license. Then you will be able to retrieve or reset your own license, as needed. http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/
*If you have any problems with either of the above, please email your details to sales@holdemmanager.net and they can kill/reset your code.

Manhat10ite
10-15-2009, 09:37 PM
How do I get the serial number? I have tried my log file but it isn't there.

fozzy71
10-16-2009, 03:32 AM
HEM > Help > Show Serial Number