PDA

View Full Version : Custom Stats/reports - what is possible?

TJD
10-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Many years ago when playing limit for a living I had a discussion with my brother about how frequently players at our limit raised the turn as a (semi) bluff. I thought "fairly rarely" he thought "loads":).

As the DB was a PT mdb I used Access to set up the queries having written a hand strength evaluation routine.

It was possible to create a report that listed all playes in the DB that had raised the turn and how often this was TP, how often it was > TP, how often it was a good draw and how often it was more marginal etc.

This report gave % for each player and we could also see what the "average" for the limit was and how that % was distributed.

It seems as if I can use the filters on the "Cash Games" tab to answer questions (for an individual player) like "raises turn with < TP" and raises turn >=TP but I cannot turn this into a % via the filters (I think). I could run the 1st filter and see the number of hands returned and then run the 2nd a perform division but that is a bit ugly!:)

I suspect (but do not know) that I could probably create a custom stat to answer the question "what % of the time does this player raise the turn with < TP"

However, I can see no way of asking the question "How often do all players on average at this limit raise the turn with < TP". If I could add a custom stat to the "Players" tab that might work OR if it were possible to create a cash game report that had an automatically created alias of "All players with number of hands > x" it might work.

Is anything like this possible with HEM? Is it intended for the future?

Cheers

Trevor

PS if anyone is interested the average was 27%. However, the distribution was very skewed. Either players DID and when they did they did it a lot or they (almost) NEVER did