PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Panel HUD Problems

absoluthamm
10-14-2009, 11:51 PM
So I just made a new HUD with 3 panels and started using it, got all of the panels lined up just how I want them and then the next cards get dealt and poof. About half of the panels are messed up. I have been messing around with this all night to no avail. I have tried searching the forums for a similar problem, but none of them seemed to be the same problem or I have done what the post has told me and it didn't work.

I have the newest version and I have tried reinstalling and restarting numerous times and nothing is changing.

If it helps, I have 3 panels and only two of them are moving all over the place, the one won't move.

Lunatic973
10-14-2009, 11:56 PM
I've had the same problem. This is the only solution...don't laugh. Just sit down at a full ring game. Make sure to set up the hud so it will show up at your full ring games. Then once the hand starts, make as many adjustments as you can before the hand ends. Have your deal up so all you have to do is jump over to the "lock the layout" button. Check it before the hand ends, and repeat when the next hand starts untill you get it the way you want it.

stieviewondr
10-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi, this is my first post here, so please spank me if im doing something wrong :D

I have same problem and tried what Lunatic suggested.

At first it seemed to work, but when i opened a new table, the panels where all wrong again... All mixed up.
So i unlocked the panels again, put everything where it should be and then locked again. Now the first table (that was good) is mixed up again... Grrr

I have also the newest beta version.

Anyone got an easy solution?
Or explain what im doing wrong...

I only have HM for two days, but i love it already.
It will need some time for me to get used to the program but i'll get there

fozzy71
10-15-2009, 01:02 PM
If you play at ftp or stars turn on prefetch and you can do most of the setup/testing without ever taking a seat. Then you only have to worry about hero hud when you finally sit to play.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=29

1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\pospref.txt and pospref2.txt.
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and open 1 cash table.
5) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (astersik).
6) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position any hud sub-panels for each player.
7) Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.
8) Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play.

Lunatic973
10-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Did you remeber to go back and set to "lock the layout"? Also there is another option you need to check, "WYSIWYG". Also sometimes I have problems with all of them moving on the table. If you hold "ctrl" then just the stats you are trying to move should move. Another odd thing, is sometimes if I move the first one, or top one, then whole group moves. So like I said, sitting at a full ring game will give you some time to mess with it. Just sit down at one table, full ring, and set it up. You will be grateful that you took the time. Just mess around with it for a few minutes, and you'll figure out the different little things you have to do. They're odd, but if I can figure them out, I know you can. :D

Just read your post Fozzy, I didn't even know you had to select "save positions", I've never done that. I always just selected "lock the layout" or whatever, and it was all the same at the other tables I opened.

stieviewondr
10-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Im going to try that now.

stieviewondr
10-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Did you remeber to go back and set to "lock the layout"? Also there is another option you need to check, "WYSIWYG". Also sometimes I have problems with all of them moving on the table. If you hold "ctrl" then just the stats you are trying to move should move. Another odd thing, is sometimes if I move the first one, or top one, then whole group moves. So like I said, sitting at a full ring game will give you some time to mess with it. Just sit down at one table, full ring, and set it up. You will be grateful that you took the time. Just mess around with it for a few minutes, and you'll figure out the different little things you have to do. They're odd, but if I can figure them out, I know you can. :D

I unmarked that "WYSIWYG" thingy, because i saw that it moves the panels simultaniously. Way to go me :D

Now im in tourney on a 9 player table... Can i mess around there?
I've put everything into place... Now what?
Im scared lol...

fozzy71
10-15-2009, 01:50 PM
I unmarked that "WYSIWYG" thingy, because i saw that it moves the panels simultaniously. Way to go me :D

Now im in tourney on a 9 player table... Can i mess around there?
I've put everything into place... Now what?
Im scared lol...

Did you see my post and try it? If not, try it now, but only close the Table Manager when deleting the position files.

If you play at ftp or stars turn on prefetch and you can do most of the setup/testing without ever taking a seat. Then you only have to worry about hero hud when you finally sit to play.

1) Close the Table Manager.
4) Open the Table Manager (hud options > relaunch HUD)
5) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (astersik).
6) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position any hud sub-panels for each player.

stieviewondr
10-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Did you see my post and try it? If not, try it now, but only close the Table Manager when deleting the position files.

I tried half of it so far :)
I added that HeM Data file to the import files
So far so good

Im now in tourney, messed around
Put everything where i like it and dont have problems anymore (for now)

Later im gonna try the rest

stieviewondr
10-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh damn...

I removed the pospref files and now when i want to open HeM
My Bitdefender gives virus alert
backdoor generic 216009

netsrak
10-15-2009, 03:40 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19162

stieviewondr
10-15-2009, 04:17 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19162

I checked the topic out, tried everything, but still no good...

Disabled my AV program for 5 minutes and it worked...
Now all the panels also are at the right place :)

absoluthamm
10-16-2009, 04:33 PM

1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and open 1 cash table.

I have done just about all of this before and after posting my OP and it doesn't stop the moving of the panels. I have probably done "Save Positions" and deleted the posprefs about 100 times now and it won't change the fact that the panels move all over. The one thing that I have not done is check/uncheck Lock Layout or WYSIWYG tabs like Lunatic was talking about, and I am at work right now, but I might try that when I get home cause it's getting quite annoying that the panels will move all over the place, sometimes on top of the bet/call buttons and I have to move them really quick, while multitabling, before I can make my action...

fozzy71
10-16-2009, 07:18 PM
I have done just about all of this before and after posting my OP and it doesn't stop the moving of the panels. I have probably done "Save Positions" and deleted the posprefs about 100 times now and it won't change the fact that the panels move all over. The one thing that I have not done is check/uncheck Lock Layout or WYSIWYG tabs like Lunatic was talking about, and I am at work right now, but I might try that when I get home cause it's getting quite annoying that the panels will move all over the place, sometimes on top of the bet/call buttons and I have to move them really quick, while multitabling, before I can make my action...

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

If you are still having problems:

Please attach your prefs.xml file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder. If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called prefs. To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

Also attach the config file:

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

Lunatic973
10-16-2009, 11:39 PM

Yes, you have to lock the layout. For sure, click lock the layout as soon as you get them where you want. I usually leave the box up so I can check it quickly. For some reason as soon as a new hand is dealt, they go back to where they were before I started. It's very annoying untill you figure out how to work around it. Then it's not so bad. Now here's another thing I haven't tried but should work. Go into your HUD configuration you're trying to set up and change the use for site to "replayer". Make sure all the check marks up for the game type. Then open up an old hand in the replayer, and the HUD should come up. Make any needed adjustments there and LOCK THE LAYOUT.

I've also had a lot of luck with holding CTRL while moving everything around. Then as soon as the current hand is about to end, push CTRL and hold it untill all the cards are dealt. It kept my HUD panels from shooting all over the screen. Make your needed adjustments and then hold CTRL when the hand is almost over.

It's really not as bad as it sounds guys, once you get used it. It's totally worth it as you can put small sections of stats where ever the hell you want them.

Raymo
01-02-2010, 04:29 AM
I thought I might resurrect this thread rather than start a new one.

I'm new to HM. I did the free trial and things went quite well, but since I registered and paid for the full version I have been having problems.
The most urgent problem is panels moving from their assigned places on the table. It didn't happen until a few days ago and nothing I do seems to keep them in the same place.

I followed Fozzy's advice (from the previous page) and deleted the text files, but that didn't help.

When I get everything positioned where I want it, I have tried clicking "save positions" but as soon as I click one of the action buttons on the table most of the panels, not all, change position. I've tried "lock the layout" but the instant I click on "apply" they all move drastically (some of them piling on top of each other in the corners of the table).

So I am at a loss as to why this has suddenly changed after being fine through the trial period, and what I can do about it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

netsrak
01-02-2010, 06:29 AM
* Please try updating to the latest beta version 1.10 Beta 5 from the link in my signature.

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* configure your Pokerclient preferred seating and seating preferences in HM accordingly
1. open one Table, play at least one hand
2. move the stats with the right mouse key to the correct positions
3. Table manager -> Table -> Save positions
4. Now you can open further tables but you will always have to play at least one hand for the stats being moved to the correct positions.

* If that doesn't help, please answer and post these questions: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174