PDA

View Full Version : 1 vilian database??

newfie
02-18-2012, 04:21 PM
is there any way to set up a database with just 1 vilians hands? I would like to try and set this up as i have a database of 18mil hands and takes forever to load up a player and then run filters on them to see how they play.i was thinking of loading up 1 player use the overall tab and show all hands. Then copy all hands out into a new folder create a database then import the hands. is this the best way?? going to try it now but i have a feeeling trying to copy(export) 400k hands might freeze HEM.

newfie
02-18-2012, 11:15 PM
i also get this error message when im waiting for all the hands to load up.

si i can see the vilian stats but cant load up all the hands. I can get last 100 and 500 but not all

Patvs
02-19-2012, 02:36 AM
There's not an easy solution for this.
You could either: PURGE all hands (except for this villain) :
-options--> settings--> purge hands---> so you'll end up with a database that only contains the villain's hand.
(not an ideal solution if you have 18 million hands)

Do you have the database on a SSD or regular harddisk?
Loading a player with the database on a SSD shouldn't take very long.

newfie
02-20-2012, 01:59 AM
I have it on a SSD and its slow and get error messages constanlty if trying to look up a player in my database. Really becoming a pain in my ass. I need to be able to breakdown a players game. There must besomething else wrong. Any chance we can setup a teamvier session as i've been having problems with HEM for the last 2 months. I have had to reinstall it like 6 times tried changing and making new databases and still having things pop all the time.

Patvs
02-20-2012, 04:18 AM
Do you restore a backup of your database every time, or actually reimport all the hands?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?
And which PostgreSQL version are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrol panel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

newfie
02-20-2012, 03:49 PM
did all this and still slow as $@#$@$#$.
here is my computer specs should be fast enough also the SSD is a OCZ 2.5" read 250MB/s and is 120GB

Patvs
02-21-2012, 03:01 AM
There could be two issues here:
-1 a driver conflict, affecting your system's performance.
I have a slower computer than you, with less RAM, and a slower SSD, yet my Windows Experience Index has a 7.5 rating.
Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html,
and http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1501/What+can+be+done+if+HUD+is+lagging%3F
to check if any of those tweaks/suggestions will improve performance.

Also upgrade the firmware of the SSD, latest mainboard drivers, etc.

-2 You have a 18 million hand database? (18 million hands should be 122 GB)
How much space does the database use? (what's the size of your PostgreSQL folder?)
Did you try installing PostgreSQL 9.0 (64 bit) (install it to a different port) edit the PostgreSQL.config file and use that instead?

newfie
02-22-2012, 01:45 AM
ok made some tweaks but will wait till tomorrow to test verything as im defraging my comp.
-5 Remove the WinnerName, WinnerCards and WinnerWon from the Hands View Column Selector(also remover some other stats i dont use for now)
-6 Defrag your non-SSD harddisk, (in the process)
shared_buffers = MB (set it to 20% of your system's memory, but not higher than 512 MB)(did this)
but couldnt find the following
effective_cache_size = MB (set this to 4x the size of the shared_buffers)
10 was allready changed

Also i added the pic for my computer ranking. do u see anything wrong with this.

pre doing all these changes to load up a villian with 400k hands it took 13min and that was just to show his winnings, ev, 4bet range the standard top window. But will not show the full amount of hands below. I'm at 45min and still nothing.

sideshow
02-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi,

I am not sure i fully understand what you mean, do you mean you have deleted a database and wish to retrieve it?

Thanks

newfie
02-22-2012, 11:52 AM
ok so after all the speed tweaks and defrag. i still have the same problem.

any more ideas????? maybe buy a bigger SSD drive and reinstall from scratch. i would just then have to re import my existing database????????????????

Patvs
02-23-2012, 01:52 AM
which PostgreSQL version are you using?
How much space does the database use? (what's the size of your PostgreSQL folder?)
Did you try installing PostgreSQL 9.0 (64 bit) (install it to a different port) edit the PostgreSQL.config file and use that instead?

Different version of PostgreSQL--> will require a new database--> reimport all the hands.
Same version of PostgresSQL, you can backup the existing PostgreSQL/data folder, then on the new harddrive, copy that folder back, and install to the same folder.