PDA

View Full Version : importing lot of dublicate hands

jurtchix
02-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Is that normal that there is importing so much of dublicate hands from one file, Seems like it slows down import too.

Patvs
02-19-2012, 02:31 AM
On which site are you playing?
Check if there are handhistory files stuck in your auto import folder.
Are they moved properly to the archive folder?

jurtchix
02-19-2012, 08:51 AM
playing on Stars.
There is one file stuck in that folder, but that only the last tournament and maybe I just close to fast HM.

seems like HM are importing all hands when i am at table, for example if I played one hand, HM will import one hand, If i played like 20 hands HM will import 1 hand and 19 dublicate hands, and in late game these dublicate hands are geting a lot .

how can i check if they are moved properly to archive folder?

Patvs
02-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Try creating a new database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager and reimport your hands.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates./

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

jurtchix
02-20-2012, 10:43 AM
update drivers, made new database , getting the same result, still lot of dublicate hands. Dont know why.

Patvs
02-21-2012, 03:19 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

jurtchix
02-21-2012, 06:33 AM
w7/ AVG

holdem manager and postgres are exceptions on firewall

I just want to understand in general there shouldnt be any duplicate hands importing ? ot they might be ?

Patvs
02-21-2012, 10:36 PM
The duplicate hands are skipped as they already exist in your database.
(and it does delay the HUD, the HUD won't appear until a NEW hand is imported)

So likely: you played 343 hands. Stopped the auto import. (so the handhistory file was never moved to the archive folder)
The next day, you played again.
It then tried to reimport the 343 hands, resulting in duplicate hands.

After a session, leave the auto import on for another 15 minutes, so all files are moved to the archive folder.