PDA

View Full Version : player stats arent displaying

szabby
10-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Hi

I recently installed HEM and postgreSQL 8.4 on my laptop.

I restored the DB from a backup from my PC's DB.

My hero names have been added, however no stats are displaying for them, no matter what dates and date ranges i specify.

I also have approx 83k players but under the players stats, even tho on the Players tab is says "Players (83201)", no stats or any info is displayed on that tab for any player.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers

fozzy71
10-14-2009, 02:49 AM
Is it only the Players tab you are having a problem with? What about the Reports/Hands/Sessions, etc?

That tab is for running filtered searches on your entire DB according to the filters/criteria and report selected on the left side-bar. The default report is for players from this month with 1k+ hands. Broaden the search filters.

szabby
10-14-2009, 02:57 AM
All tabs, as none of my stats were working either

I just tried to start HEM to have a look, and now i cannot connect to Postgre

Said it could not connect to 127.0.01

I tried to have HEM attempt to start the service but it cant.

This issue happened I restarted my laptop after.

Any advice on this issue?

szabby
10-14-2009, 02:59 AM
i just opend pgAdmin III and afetr entering my password, it pops up with an error saying Server Doesnt listen and gives me details etc.

Should I uninstall postgre 8.4 and install 8.3?

Maybe its an issue with my 8.4 install?

szabby
10-14-2009, 03:01 AM
this is the pop up error msg in pgAdmin III:

Server doesn't listen
The server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports
could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
If you encounter this message, please check if the server you're trying to contact is actually running PostgreSQL on the given port. Test if you have network connectivity from your client to the server host using ping or equivalent tools. Is your network / VPN / SSH tunnel / firewall configured correctly?
For security reasons, PostgreSQL does not listen on all available IP addresses on the server machine initially. In order to access the server over the network, you need to enable listening on the address first.
For PostgreSQL servers starting with version 8.0, this is controlled using the "listen_addresses" parameter in the postgresql.conf file. Here, you can enter a list of IP addresses the server should listen on, or simply use '*' to listen on all available IP addresses. For earlier servers (Version 7.3 or 7.4), you'll need to set the "tcpip_socket" parameter to 'true'.
You can use the postgresql.conf editor that is built into pgAdmin III to edit the postgresql.conf configuration file. After changing this file, you need to restart the server process to make the setting effective.
If you double-checked your configuration but still get this error message, it's still unlikely that you encounter a fatal PostgreSQL misbehaviour. You probably have some low level network connectivity problems (e.g. firewall configuration). Please check this thoroughly before reporting a bug to the PostgreSQL community.

netsrak
10-14-2009, 03:37 AM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=66
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=164
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8261

szabby
10-14-2009, 04:00 AM
errr ok

I will follow these steps when i have a chance

szabby
10-14-2009, 11:25 PM
i tried to follow the first link, i still had problems starting the postgre service, so i decided to uninstall 8.4 and install 8.3

everything works fine now

fozzy71
10-21-2009, 02:19 PM
sql reinstall to 8.4 is the easiest fix, but we usually suggest all the methods to try and save/restore the DB first. If rebuilding the DB is no concern, I always suggest a clean install of a new DB.

szabby
10-22-2009, 01:51 AM
sql reinstall to 8.4 is the easiest fix, but we usually suggest all the methods to try and save/restore the DB first. If rebuilding the DB is no concern, I always suggest a clean install of a new DB.

I think it would help members if there was a tutorial on how to install version 8.4 because it is very confusing following the tute on how to install 8.3 on the FAQs page.

I cant be bothered trying to install 8.4 now that I have 8.3 working

fozzy71
10-30-2009, 11:47 AM
I think it would help members if there was a tutorial on how to install version 8.4 because it is very confusing following the tute on how to install 8.3 on the FAQs page.

I cant be bothered trying to install 8.4 now that I have 8.3 working

We are updating and re-writing many of the FAQs currently, as well as completely changing our FAQs pages to make them easier to browse/search. Installing postgresql 8.4 is very easy and almost doesnt need a FAQ. You just hit Next a few times and enter your password. We are actually building our own new installer for postgresql, so we dont want to change that FAQ until we have the new installer.