PDA

View Full Version : purge hands

a.rairan
10-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi everybody, sorry for poor english... lol

i use HM whit 2 nicknames, when i purge hands i only can filter 1 player to don't delete the hands?

another doubt: i can purge the hands and maintain the last x hands of the player? or only the last x hands based on days?

regards

fozzy71
10-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi everybody, sorry for poor english... lol

i use HM whit 2 nicknames, when i purge hands i only can filter 1 player to don't delete the hands?

Create an alias: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=35

Then select the alias to not be purged.

another doubt: i can purge the hands and maintain the last x hands of the player? or only the last x hands based on days?

regards

I dont think I understand this question completely and dont want to answer the wrong thing.

Lunatic973
10-13-2009, 08:08 PM
I think he's asking if he has the option to save the last (example) 1000 hands on someone? Or does he have the option to save for last 6 months of hands?

Does it go by previous number of hands, or a previous time frame?

netsrak
10-14-2009, 03:22 AM
The only way is a selective delete like explained in the FAQ for the export: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=187

a.rairan
10-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Ok, but have some way to i see only the stats of last 5k hands of that player for exemple?

I'm asking this becouse if i purge the hands of the player, stats will be based on hands from 3 monts a go for exemple, very desactualized...

What i can do to maintain the stats actualized?

regards

netsrak
10-14-2009, 10:16 AM
A Stats filter based on the number of hands is planned for future releases. You can push it in the uservoice system (link in my signature).

Hemerer
10-17-2009, 04:30 PM
one question:

I just purged my database, and got this message:

"In order to reclaim the space you will need to do a Database Vacuume either through the options menu or PG Admin"

so do i need to do another vacuum analyze? i just did it before purging.. as all of the tips here say.. ? :confused:

fozzy71
10-17-2009, 06:50 PM
I would do a full/vacuum/analyze again and then stop the postgresql service and defrag. Then restart your pc before you play poker again.

Hemerer
10-18-2009, 02:04 PM
thanks, did all that. This purge thingie is quite good, really lost smthng like 20G!

a.rairan
10-19-2009, 06:58 AM
voted in user voice

Hemerer
10-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Is it possible to purge the hands while importing them? eg. when importing a big chunk of datamined hand histories, it would be cool to purge them at the same time --} no need to run purge after importing.

is it possible?

Another question: After i have purged all my hands is the next purge faster? or does it go thru all the millions and billions hands again?

netsrak
10-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Purging during importing is not possible - this would overload the postgresql Server.

The next purge should be faster but you should do a vaccum/full regularly. See the performance tips from the link in my signature.

Hemerer
10-21-2009, 11:38 AM
I love this purge thing so much that I wanna do it again.

Now... I forgot how I did it last time. There are two options in the "Options"
- Observed Hand History Configuration --} Purge Hand History Options --} Purge Hand Histories
- Purge Hands -} Purge Hands

Whats the difference of these two? I dont get it?

netsrak
10-21-2009, 12:21 PM
The only difference is that the first one has other options and it only deletes observed (= mined) hands.

Hemerer
10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
okie. I tried the first one (Observerd hand history configuration). But somehow it just jams and the program doesn't respond at all. I restarted it a couple times but nothin.

Can i use the "normal" Purge hands to purge datamined hands?
It has quite the same options, or at least what i need. (I can choose the limit, choose themy nick that i don't want to be deleted and also choose the site.)

So does it do the same job ie. delete the excess info (like replayer) that i dont need and want? or should we solve the problem with the first option?

fozzy71
10-21-2009, 09:57 PM
You can try to shorten the date range with the observed purge, or try the other purge option. I recommed you export your DB to text files before you purge, in case you need to reimport for any reason.