PDA

View Full Version : Stars HUD Issues

Lucky Stiff
09-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Is there a way on Poker Stars (short of closing and reopening the table) to have the HUD keep track of player changes on tables where I am on the waiting list? As it is now the HUD stats for the player who has left the table remain visible and they do not update for the new player until I sit in or until I close/reopen the table. Also, periodically, the HUD goes away completely on these observed tables and I have to reclick the check box on Table Manager. Is there a fix for these problems?

fabio
09-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Stars doesnt allow datamining so this is not possible, sorry.

smf
09-06-2008, 03:08 PM
fwiw, ps allows the pt3 guys to grab the first 30 hands after sitting down at tables, then you have to wait 30 minutes until it grabs another 30 hands...

PokerStars observed tables can now only import 30 hands per session (30 minutes required between sessions before new hands can import) REQUIRED BY POKERSTARS

this wont do what OP wants if player changes occur after those first 30 hands, but i still think its slightly better than the current state. maybe you guys can get in touch with the ps support and work out something similar?

Lucky Stiff
09-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm not suggesting anything to do with datamining. I'm asking for player changes on the table to be reflected in the HUD stats from my existing db.

Mike chops
09-07-2008, 01:54 PM
It is possible we can do something like this in future. Currently we just grab a hand, because that's the easiest way to get seating info out of HEM. We could just keep grabbing hands after the table is open, but Stars wouldn't like that.

I'll need to get with Roy to see how feasible it would be to have him read a hand history hands with just the seats and stacks info.

Lucky Stiff
09-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Thank you. It would be helpful if the HUD display on tables where we are on the waiting list actually reflected the players at the table.

fozzy71
09-07-2008, 03:18 PM
fwiw, ps allows the pt3 guys to grab the first 30 hands after sitting down at tables, then you have to wait 30 minutes until it grabs another 30 hands...

this wont do what OP wants if player changes occur after those first 30 hands, but i still think its slightly better than the current state. maybe you guys can get in touch with the ps support and work out something similar?

I dont think this is completely accurate. PS allows you to observe 30 hands per session, meaning 1 hand per table, for 30 tables. This isn't a lot for any one playing say 8 tables, and doing some table selection and moving. Then you must wait 30 minutes AND restart PT3.

Mike chops
09-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Is that 30 hands/table or 30 hands over all tables you have open?