PDA

View Full Version : Import speed

saygn
10-13-2009, 05:19 AM
Hello,

After initially installing and importing about 750,000 hands from the "Import folder" option, I vacuumed and analyzed my database. The average hands/second was somewhere in the 12-15 range, so it took a long time. However, since my initial import, the average import speed for all of my recent sessions (I am still using import from folder, not auto import) has fallen to between 2.5 - 5.5 hands/second. What can I do to speed this process up?

netsrak
10-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Buy a faster computer?
Check the Performance Tips from my signature.

Normally the import should start with >100 hands/second on a standard computer and an empty database and it will slow down with more data in the database to sth. like 20-30 hands/second.

saygn
10-13-2009, 01:41 PM
i dunno...ive never ever seen it go faster than 45 hands/sec and that was only for a very short while when I was using the trial version. I have a 64-bit quadcore 2.40 GHz laptop. It is lacking a bit in the ram department, but other than that it should be good enough to import faster than 4 hands/sec

netsrak
10-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Harddisk full?
Multiple virus scanners / spyware / firewal /.. solutions installed?

saygn
10-14-2009, 11:04 PM
hard disk is sortof close to full?...I have like 8gb free. Not sure how low it needs to get before it starts effecting import speed...other than that, no spyware/virus scanners running at all, no unnecessary programs running and it still goes slow.

netsrak
10-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Then its the harddisk :)

Check the performance tips in my signature too.

saygn
11-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Oops, forgot about checking this thread for a few weeks.

I've followed all the performance tips in your signature, and I've cleared up roughly 20gb of harddrive space, so that should no longer be an issue. The import speed is still running extremely slow. I don't have this problem with PT3. It imports my hands at 60-70 hands/sec every time. What else could cause HEM to be so slow to import?

netsrak
11-04-2009, 07:54 AM
You cant compare it to PT3 because PT3 makes a housekeeping after the import which takes a lot of time too.

To speed up the HM import you can try to backup and restore the database.