PDA

View Full Version : HEM causing problems with standby and shutdown

smart_player
10-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Hi,
After installing HEM, my compter will no longer go into standby mode. Also, If I attempt to go into standby, nothing happens, but when I try to shutdown, it takes 10 minutes.

I have a mirror drive, and when I copy over the old drive to the new one and reboot, there is no problem with standby or shutdown. Once I install Hold-em Manager it is okay until the first reboot, and then it won't go into standby, and once I have tried to go into standby, it takes 10 minutes to shutdown when I try to shutdown. I have copied over the mirror drive and tested it with and without HEM five times to verify before posting. There is absolutely no difference between the drives except for Hold-em Manager.

Can you please tell me what about HEM might be causing this?
I am using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.

Thanks.

netsrak
10-13-2009, 03:23 AM
I don't think this is caused by Holdemmanager, maybe its the Postgresql installation. But i will forward this to the developers for a more qualified answer...

smart_player
10-13-2009, 03:50 AM
I don't think this is caused by Holdemmanager, maybe its the Postgresql installation. But i will forward this to the developers for a more qualified answer...

Well, the PostgresSQL has been on the computer for a long time, so I don't think it is that. Also, it is on the recopied mirror and is not causing any problems, but as soon as I install HEM and reboot, the problems show up.
Thanks.

Rvg72
10-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Well, the PostgresSQL has been on the computer for a long time, so I don't think it is that. Also, it is on the recopied mirror and is not causing any problems, but as soon as I install HEM and reboot, the problems show up.
Thanks.

Hi, not really sure what the issue could be - nothing in HM would delay a standby / shutdown request.

Roy