PDA

View Full Version : Database Maintance HM1 and HM2 problem.

nothing
02-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Firstly i have backup my HM1 database but HM2 does not find it. HM1 saves it on .hembk but HM2 search only .pghembk , i was thinking to change the extension but wanted to ask first if it work.
I purge some of my hands and then tried to make a database management but was getting an error after a while, tried both quick and standard.
Is there any option to delete old hands but keep my stats , winrates etc ?

The error message i am getting , ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request
obviously i have not cancel the process.

netsrak
02-16-2012, 09:02 AM
HM2 cant read a HM1 backup file. You need to restore the HM1 backup and then you can import the database into HM1.

The purge sometimes has problems with large amounts of data. You should try to purge in smaller portions.

nothing
02-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Purge work i have problem when i go to Options -> Database Management and from there i choose quick or standard. Besides ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request i am getting on the status.
Optimizing HoldemDB...[17/2/2012 2:13 μμ] error: ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request[17/2/2012 2:13 μμ] error: σε Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext()
σε Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnu merable`1 ienum)
σε Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseRegisteredListen()
σε Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseResources()
σε Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.UngetPooledConnector(Np gsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
σε Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
σε Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
σε Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleaseConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
σε Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Close()
σε HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeDb(String db, Int32 type)
σε HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeAsync()[17/2/2012 2:13 μμ] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com

Patvs
02-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Which PostgreSQl version are you using?
Is it installed to its default install folder C:/Program Files (x86)/PostgreSQL?

nothing
02-18-2012, 03:18 PM
I am using the 8.3 postgreSQL. And yes its installed to its default folder.

Patvs
02-19-2012, 01:36 AM
The backup/restore utility will only work with SQL 8.4

Use pgadminIII instead to backup/restore a HM1 database: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase

--
In HM2: you'll have to reimport the original handhistories of the HM1 database.