PDA

View Full Version : New IP, Lose All Settings

KweezyD
10-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Brought computer to friend's house (who also owns HEM) and logged onto my poker account to play.

Fired up HEM, and got notice to register HEM. Interesting...because I've already done this at my place (bought new HEM license for myself last week).

So I re-register HEM.

All hands are still in database, but now all previous Auto-Import and all previous HUD settings have vanished.

QUESTION: Why might this have happened? More importantly, will this happen again (a) when I get back to my place and/or (b) I bring my computer back over to buddy's house?

Thanks.

netsrak
10-12-2009, 03:08 PM
This happened because your network configuration changed and Windows thinks you are a different user. So you have to enter new settings.
When back at home the system should know your previous settings.

KweezyD
10-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks.

So, as I understand your reply, each time I plug into a new network, same thing will happen.

And, once I've registered on each new network (say, for example, I take my computer over to 5 different buddies' houses - and thus have to newly register and lose all settings 5 different times), I'm good to go on each network from that point forward and can move my computer among existing networks without further occurrences?

netsrak
10-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Can't say that in general because it depends on the network you connect to.
With a "normal" configuration this would not happen but this is the only possible explanation i see for your problem.

KweezyD
10-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Ok. Thanks.