PDA

View Full Version : HUD is crashing and freezing my poker software

football
10-11-2009, 06:57 PM
I think it started when I downloaded the latest beta this morning.

Is there any way I can go back to the old version that I downloaded around March, as I know that works? I actually deleted Hold Em Manager and reinstalled but still getting the same problems with the HUD, I think bits of the patch must be still left on my computer, I used Revo to uninstall but even that probably can't get rid of everything so that I will be able to do a clean installation afterwards.

Also, when I tried to install the very latest beta, Hold Em Manager wont open up at all afterwards, not until I do a repair via the install thing.

Any ideas on what I can do?

fozzy71
10-11-2009, 07:45 PM
It sounds like the update didnt fully install. Sometimes the HMImport.exe process likes to linger in the system tray.

Try these steps before you downgrade:

1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, with another browser if possible. - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.
3) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.
4) Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 and/or holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu. Also set your various poker sites, such as fulltiltpoker.exe to run as admin, if you leave UAC on.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.

If you are still having problems, you can try to downgrade:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11865

or you could schedule a remote support session for us to try and assist you.

football
10-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Okay, thanks Fozzy.

I've managed to install the beta using the steps you suggested, and HEM is working now when I try and open it up. (which it wouldn't before after installing the beta, not without repairing it first).

The only thing I've noticed is that the version number in the bar still says 1.08.04. Is this normal, or does it mean the beta hasn't installed correctly?

fozzy71
10-12-2009, 10:36 AM
You have not installed the beta.

1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again from signature, with another browser if possible.
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.
3) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.
4) Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder

Verify the Start In path of the desktop shortcut. That is where you need to install HEM beta update.

football
10-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Okay, just tried updating the beta again, following your steps again, and now HEM wont open at all, I get the error message "Holdem Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Holdem Manager. etc"

This is as soon as I click to open HEM I get that message, the only way I can get HEM to open again now, is if I do a repair via the install (setup) thing.

Edit: Also when I installed the beta, it said it had been unpacked successfully, and it was definitely in the right folder

Edit2: Now I can't even get the setup file to unzip, this is the winrar diagnostic message: ! C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\holdemmanager.zip: CRC failed in HoldemManagerSetupProject.msi. The file is corrupt

Edit3: I've tried extracting the file with winzip instead of winrar, still can't extract it, same problem.

football
10-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Edit: nevermind

football
10-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Right, managed to install HEM again, had to change the file name and it's worked for some reason, tried to install the beta again, but still wont open Hold Em, although I did get a new error message, saying that it had an "Unhandled exception, could not load file or assembly 'LeakBuster2.5, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublikKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies, The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.'"

I've copy and pasted the details below if that helps:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'LeakBuster2.5, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
File name: 'LeakBuster2.5, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at HoldemManager.ഹ.౽()
at HoldemManager.ഹ..ctor(അ LoadingForm)
at HoldemManager.അ.ᨗ(Object ొ, EventArgs ో)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndPr oc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HoldemManager
Assembly Version: 1.9.0.37
Win32 Version: 1.9.0.37
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/HoldemManager.exe
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
DevComponents.DotNetBar2
Assembly Version: 7.9.9.3
Win32 Version: 7.9.9.3
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/DevComponents.DotNetBar2.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
HMClass
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/HMClass.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
DeployLX.Licensing.v3
Assembly Version: 3.1.2000.0
Win32 Version: 3.1.2000.19262
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/DeployLX.Licensing.v3.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Web
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

fozzy71
10-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.