PDA

View Full Version : New to holdem manager 2 quick questions

letemrde
10-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Im goin to purchase through opening the full tilt account, however i would like to link this to my poker stars account will i have any problem configuring the two. Also im downloading to my desktop, however im buying a laptop later in the year will i be able to import all my data from both sites and the program or will i have to do it all over again. Also does anyone out their use multiple stat tracking programs (is it worth it calculatem etc.) any other beginner suggestions would be greatly appreciated, if im posting in the wrong place please dont berate me just point me elsewhere. Thank you all

fozzy71
10-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Im goin to purchase through opening the full tilt account, however i would like to link this to my poker stars account will i have any problem configuring the two.

HEM will have no problem with either site. You will be able to look at your stats/data on a site by site basis, or you can create an alias and see your aggregated data.

Also im downloading to my desktop, however im buying a laptop later in the year will i be able to import all my data from both sites and the program or will i have to do it all over again.

*You can use the same code for 2 PC's, just choose the PC#2 slot when registering.
*Please try using our registration system to register your current/new license. Then you will be able to retrieve or reset your own license, as needed. http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/

It is relatively simple to backup your HEM data: Export hands, player notes, tournament summaries, and hud settings from PC1, and import them to PC2 (in a few different steps).

Most of it is covered in our FAQs (linked in my sig). I have also posted my own version of those steps on these forums a lot of times.

Also does anyone out their use multiple stat tracking programs (is it worth it calculatem etc.) any other beginner suggestions would be greatly appreciated, .....

I have never used any of those types of add-ons. I have always used a HUD and traditional hand tracker. I owned all 3 versions of PT 5 years ago, and have used HM since soon after it went beta.

Suggestions.

Set it and forget it, for a while. Start auto import and try to not pay any attention to HM while playing, so it isnt a big distraction. Play around with HM in between sessions, and try not to be overly distracted by the HUD at first. Take your time getting used to the HUD. You shouldnt need the HUD every hand, and it is of very little value against new opponents until you have a significant sample size. Turn on abbreviations in the HUD player preferences to help learn the stats. Read the HM > Articles, but wait til you have played 5 or 10k hands.

Feel free to come back with any other questions you may have as you become accustomed to it, or if you need technical assistance in any way.

letemrde
10-12-2009, 03:13 PM
are there any rooms that the program doesnt configure to, also does the software help you find the most optimal games being offered in the rooms you play in. Also should an online stick with 1 or 2 poker rooms or possibly go to three or 4, just want the biggest advantage i can get.