PDA

View Full Version : having problems please help

texas donald
10-11-2009, 01:00 PM
just bought HEM but cant get it set up at all, I downloaded HEM and this postgre program, both are zipped not sure if that matters, can open the folders but cant unzip them. Anyway when I click on postgresql-8.3.msi and select the lanuguage, I get an error message reading:

The installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

Anyone got a clue what this means and how I can sort it?

Also, my friends recently got HEM and I phoned him asking about this postgresql thing and he didnt have a clue what it was, so doesnt sound like he downloaded it. Is it necessary?

Thanks for any help

netsrak
10-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Yes you need postgresql if you have not already installed it with PT3, elephant or any other program using it.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=108

texas donald
10-11-2009, 05:49 PM
great thanks for that, all set up now. can I delete the zipped folders now and keep the ones I extracted the files in to or am I best keeping both?

also can you tell me the minimum requirements for HEM as I cant seem to find them. I know for a fact my laptop wont meet the requirements, what problems would you most likely expect me to encounter with it running on my computer since its under spec, just running slowly when the programme is running? Or is this postgresql thing always running?

also when I read on 2p2 that people leave their computer on to data mine - how can I do this?

Thanks in advance mate!

netsrak
10-12-2009, 03:26 AM
You can delete the Zip files and folders after the successful installation.

We have no special requirements other than a standard windows PC but obviously the program runs faster on faster computers.

Holdemmanager doesn't support data mining because its illegal on most sites, you would need a 3rd party product like www.spadeeye.com for doing this.